This weekend was really a crazy one! Hubby's cousin was here on Saturday and my Uncle was here on Sunday. Each day was a big "family day affair" and we had tons of fun. Still, I was a little bit sad that I wasn't able to stitch at all over the weekend.
I knew that my stitching would lack over the weekend, so I left work a few minutes early on Friday afternoon and stopped by my LQS on the way home. Lo and behold, this cute little Moda fabric came home with me.
 |
| Lily & Will II by Moda Fabrics |
As soon as I walked in my front door I dropped everything and went straight to the cutting/sewing table (aka the dining room table). I broke the Go! Baby free from the boxed constraints and got to work. In a couple of hours I had these babies all ready to go......
 |
| Rag Squares cut by my new Go! Baby |
Then I set up the sewing machine with color coordinating threads and viola.......
 |
| Rag Squares! |
I still have quite a few more squares to make before I can work on the layout, but I can honestly say that I'm having fun. I can see how much easier it is to work with the Go! Baby for this type of project. I can only imagine how tired my hands would get while trying to fray all of the layers of fabric and fleece.
I hope to devote my time to stitching this week, so I will be putting this on the back burner until the weekend rolls around again. I can assure you that I will be taking some time
out of the sun this upcoming weekend. I don't want to deal with this again:
 |
| I never burn while beaching it, but I got so burnt on Saturday that even the tops of my feet hurt! |
Have a great week! Happy Stitches!
7 comments:
Go's are wonderful - I hope to have one someday -
Stay out of the sun !!!!!! My goodness you definitely got burned - I hope you feel better soon !!
Oh girl, that hurts just looking at it....LOL that's why I haven't been out in the sun in years. I always burned growing up.
Your new cut outs look so pretty! I love Moda fabric. It's like.....a serotonin rush to go in the quilt store. ;)
oh, Poor Baby!! Ouch!! Can't wait to see the Go Baby project live! Hugs.
Ouch Jennifer. I hope you had some aloe!! Hope you are feeling better now. And I'm glad you enjoyed your Go! Baby cutter. I bet it saves you a ton of time!!
oops..oh dear..stay out of sun now..i hope you feel better soon..
so glad that you enjoyed the baby cutter..keep well dear and have fun..
stitchy hugs xx
My husband's feet (top of) burnt this last week too...hope it turns to tan soon.
Anixous to see what you are creating with your GoBaby! and the fabulous fabric - gotta check out that line soon.
I love the fabric...so pretty! However, your feet!! Bless your heart! I hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment