As you can well imagine, that damn dog is still an unwelcome house guest. We have him in a kennel during the day while we are not at home. The kennel also serves as his personal bedroom at night. I just don't trust that dog any further than I can throw him and I can tell you that 60 pounds doesn't go very far. He has managed to pee in the house on more than one occasion and the kennel is the only way that I can be sure he won't do anything if we can't be home to watch him.
I've also begun to carry a water bottle with me whenever I'm at home. The instant the damn dog begins to do something that he isn't supposed to do he gets a shot of water. Most of the time he will stop, but tonight he barked back at me. I just nailed him again with more shots of water and the barking quickly stopped. This household requires discipline! (And lately it has also required tons of Fabreeze as this dog STINKS! I've never smelled such a foul dog odor as I have with this dog.)
While I'm more than ready for the damn dog to go back to my father in law, he isn't even capable of taking care of himself. So, we are stuck since Hubby's brother refuses to help. We are now on day 24 and I think I may just have to check myself into the funny farm to get away from it all.
On a bright note, I had a lovely little package from Mouse. She sent some bath petals and chocolate. Thanks so much Mouse! As soon as that damn dog is gone I'm going to take a real long, hot bath. I will be able to soak my cares away and take in all the lovely scents instead of the rotten dog smell.
Believe it or not, I've managed to get a bit of stitching in. I have pictures somewhere on the camera, but honestly, I just don't feel like messing with it. I feel like this whole last year (since October 2010) has been nothing but heartache and bad moods. I'm so ready for it to end. I'm ready for some happiness!
I'm going to be very busy with work for the next week (thanks to the extended tax deadlines for our area because of Hurricane Irene), so between that and taking care of the father in law issue I'll probably still be gone more than I am here. I'll try to keep up with your blogs and I'll be keeping an eye out for the status of our Traveling Pattern.
Thank you all for hanging in there!
Keep some happiness in your stitches!
14 comments:
I do hope things get better soon with all these troubles with your FIL and his dog. Do little things that make you happy at least once a day...stitching, walk, treat yourself to a coffee...*hugs*
I am sorry, Jennifer, and agree with Valerie, don't wait with the *small stuff*, enjoy some treats now!
i am so much thinking of you dear and i am also agree with my above friends..they said all what was in my heart..
keep well dear and love for you xx
so glad you liked the "treats" believe me it will do more than one bath .lol ... wish i could come up with a solution to the problem ... keep your chin up we are here if you need to left off steam etc (((hugs)))) love mouse xxxx
Have you thought about boarding the dog? When we visit my inlaws, we have to board our Chihuahua because she hates everybody.
Jennifer, try adding some white vinegar to the water bottle. It is a good way to train a dog. I would suggest taking the dog to a groomer if possible, the smell could mean that he may have a sore that isn't healing or such. As to the other things, I enjoy your blog and always look forward to it. Get some rest if you can and know that you have friends in the cyber world.
I am so sorry you are still having to deal with the dog. I wish you lived closer so I could help you out with him. Bullies are not an easy breed to deal with, especially if they haven't been trained.
I am finished with the design on the traveling pattern - now working on the border and hope to have a finish to show in the next day or two.
Hang in there! Funny you mention a water bottle! That's how I train my cats, lol...
So sorry to hear about your woes. My grandmother was doing the same thing as your FIL, and now she is in assisted care. She wouldn't eat anything and would get so weak she was put in the hospital.
The water bottle is a good disciplinary tool to use for animals that don't listen! He will get the hint and stop the barking!
Glad to hear that Mouse's treats cheered you up a bit :D
Take care!
Hugs///Anne
Thought about you this week as I was traveling to the beach, so sorry you are still having to deal with the dog. Taking him to the groomer might be a good idea, sounds like somethings not right if he smells that bad, maybe a plugged gland. Try to treat yourself with a little something special each day to help keep your spirits up. I continue to keep you in my prayers. Hugs...
I'm so sorry things aren't getting any easier!
Sending good thoughts and hugs your way!
So sweet of Mouse to send you a treat! I'm so sorry you have had to put up with this...damn dog!!
Ha....my word verification is "pegno".
Thinking of you.....
You have been in my thoughts, Jennifer, for a solution (one of which I can't think of) to your issues with fil and dog... Hopefully this will resolve itself soon. I hope your sweet doggie is weathering this change okay.
Take some time each day to think pleasant thoughts, if you can. I try to listen to music I really enjoy in my 15-20 min drive home from work to try and have a smile before I walk into the house if there's something going on here that I don't want to deal with but don't have much of a choice!
And why wouldn't we hang in there. If there's something I've learned in my 1-1/2 year blogging, this world of people, although never meeting most in person, is a caring, thoughtful group! ((((HUGS)))) to you!
Post a Comment