I had just finished up "Faith" and I was searching for something else to work on while I stitched with my friends a couple of Saturdays ago. (Miss you Darlene!) I rummaged through my travel stitching bag and nothing really grabbed me. Then I found "Abby Rhodes" by Shakespeare's Peddler. So, while I sat with my friends, I got to work.
As our discussion wore on that day, we started talking about different projects. Last year's Mystery Sampler from With Thy Needle came up. Here's a reminder picture:
![]() |
| Mystery Sampler |
Maggee worked on hers last summer and had completed much of the border. I don't know when Sheryl started hers, but she was much further than I was. Me? Would you believe that I never even started mine?!? That little puppy was sitting in my bag just waiting patiently for me to start. Scary, right? How dare I call myself a "Serial Starter"!
After talking it through, the three of us decided to have a Saturday SAL for the Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler starting this past Saturday. This was my Saturday start:
And here are all of our pieces at the end of our time together:
| Top - Maggee's version on 32(?)count Middle - Sheryl's version on 36 count Bottom - My version on 40 count |
You should have seen me on Saturday. I was having so much fun working on this piece. I kept commenting on how the first little flower was "soooo c..u..t..e!" and I kept giggling. I guess that means the mojo is back!
Needless to say, I have continued to stitch on this project even though Saturday is long gone. (I can't help it if I woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep. What else is a girl to do?) Here is how my sampler stands as of this morning:
I can't wait for next Saturday!
Happy Mystery Stitches!

10 comments:
I KNEW there was something I needed to blog about! Heheheh! I have not touched mine since Saturday, but who knows... Glad you are enjoying it! Hugs!
Beautiful progress! I think it's great that you are all stitching on it together. What a way to get the mojo back.
Great start and stitching! Mine Pattern is in my bag. I need to get it out and stitch. I have not started stitching it yet!! lol I think I will wait till August Maybe.
Keep it up! They look great,
Wonderful new start! I love this piece :)
ohhh well done ... love that one but never got it ....
glad you have some one to stitch along with you as well :)
love mouse xxxx
Oohhhh...I have at this one started and it's been sitting for quite some time!
That is great that you've got a couple of people to stitch along with you on that piece. I started mine last year and then shoved it into the WIP pile. I'll pull it out one of these days (probably after I see your finish!).
My favorite part of stitching this sampler was seeing how everyone else's was looking with their slight variations. I'm glad you and your stitching sisters are working on it and having fun.
Wonderful progress ;)
Post a Comment