Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Busy Weekend

As you know, things have been very crazy in my life lately. After much contemplation I decided that I needed some time away. Six months ago I had talked to my boss about taking this weekend off even though it is the middle of tax season. First off, I have a WONDERFUL boss. He agreed to let me go. With everything that has been going on I had thought about not going away. But, I'm so very glad that I did.

This weekend I was privleged to assist in the Crescent Colours booth at the TNNA market in Nashville, TN. While I worked my tail off, I also had so much fun. This whole weekend was so theraputic for me. I got to spend time with one of my very best friends that I don't get to see often enough. I got to see friends that I haven't seen in awhile. And I was able to meet new and exciting people and make new friends.

While at market I got to spend time with many wonderful designers that I have come to know persnally over the last few years. I also got to meet many new ones as well, such as Tracy Horner of Ink Circles. We as stitchers are so blessed to have such talent in our group!

I was stuck in the booth most of the weekend. It was crazy busy and the days really flew by. But, when I did get the chance to go out, I had a great time seeing all of the new stuff from everyone. I was lucky enough to be gifted some fabulous charts to add to my stash. I also have a huge mental list of charts that I want to add as well. I guess I'm going to have to contact my favorite shop so that I can scoop up more good stuff during the market celebrations.

So, now it looks like I'm going to have to return to the real world. Work is calling and I will have to make up for the time I spent out of the office. That means longer hours this week to make up for my "play time". Of course, that is in addition to the major hours that I am putting in due to the season.

Oh, by the way, Hubby found a job. He is supposed to start in two weeks. I don't know how this will all play out, but I hope it is exactly what is needed. I appreciate all the kind comments and prayers for Hubby and myself. We aren't out of the woods by any means, but things seem to be moving in a much better directon than they were.

I wish everyone a wonderful week. Happy Stitching!


One last P.S.
I'm still planning to blog, but it will be very sparse for the time being as I need to spend my time in some other areas for a little while longer. Thanks so much for understanding.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

So nice that your boss was understanding! And how fun market can be!

Glad to hear that hubby found a job - things are lookin' up - take care of yourself!