Saturday yielded more donations for Goodwill, a huge bag of trash and another bag of papers that will need to be shredded once I purchase a new shredder. My last one died of overuse! I have to be honest and say that I’m not very nice to my shredders and they don’t usually last very long. This time I will have to look into a heavy duty one that will take a beating.
In the afternoon/evening, I decided to be a good girl again and continue with the cleaning. YUCK! But, now I have a sparkling clean bedroom and bathroom. When I say clean, I really mean it. I even vacuumed the walls! I didn’t know there was so much dust and yuck in that room. Serves me right! Next weekend I will move onto the spare bedroom. That’s where all my stash currently resides. I think that I’m going to do a little de-stashing. Yes, I said it………de-stashing! I have so many baskets full of patterns that I know I will never get to. SABLE is the word for that room! I won’t be getting rid of much compared to what I have, but I will offer up those patterns that I know I won’t stitch either for sale or for trade in the near future. So, be on the lookout for an opportunity to enhance your own stash.
After all the cleaning activity I sat down for an evening with a wonderful Hallmark Movie on CBS. It was called “When Love is not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story”. For those of you who don’t know, Lois Wilson was the co-founder of Al-Anon. Her husband Bill was the co-founder of AA. If you have an alcoholic in your family or count an alcoholic as one of your friends, I encourage you to find an Al-Anon meeting. Do not be ashamed. These people have been through the same situation(s) and they know exactly how you feel.
While watching the movie, I also started a new project. Yes, another new one! After all, I am a serial starter! Can you guess what pattern this is????
Don't forget that my giveaway ends on Friday. Enter here. I hope you have a wonderful week! Happy Stitching!
4 comments:
Shores is looking great. I think your new start is a BBD design? Whatever it is the floss color is beautiful.
Everytime I get junk mail I curse those that send it out LOL Drives me batty, I have been through many shredders in life the one I have now is pretty decent, didnt cost alot but so far it has been holding up. Good luck in the cleaning of your stash, SABLE is a word I have yet to know LOL
Take Care!!
Shores is looking awesome!
I wish I had your energy to clean house. Mine is in bad shape. I got one room cleaned out the week I was off last month and I just can't get the clutter under control in our kitchen island and bedroom. I have a problems with letting go of things! I know, I know, there's medicine for that...LOL
Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest
aka...LOTS of feathers in the nest
When your done cleaning your house, I can give you directions to mine!
Shores looks great!
I just found your fun blog! Is that new start Bird in the Hand by BBD? I have that one in the stash. I love it.
Question for you...I am getting ready to start my HRHs, and I'm getting opinions on whether to splurge for the silk or stick with cotton floss. What do you think? What did you decide?
Post a Comment