Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Languishing Wips

 I had a quick half hour last night between arriving home and meeting a friend for dinner. So, I took some time to start digging through my stash.  I've decided to take an inventory of my patterns and whether they are fully kitted, partially kitted or not kitted at all.  I'm also going to start some de-stashing as well.  I know that there are quite a few patterns that I will never stitch.  They are just "not me" anymore.  Tastes change......

Anyway, I was going through my first basket and found these old wips.  I can't believe that they never got finished.  They are both from Blackbird Designs.  Now, I love Blackbird Designs, so I can't imagine why I haven't finished them.  The first is a Loose Feathers Pattern called Beneath the Sunlit Sky.......
Isn't it beautiful???  (Yes, I know it is bad need of ironing, but I just found it again!!!!)  Ahhhhhh.......now I know why I never finished it.  See the thread hanging above the house?  There are supposed to be buttonhole stitches in there.  UGH!  I guess I'll have to get on the ball and fix this.  After all, it is dated 2008!

The second design didn't have a name.  It was a class that I took with Barb & Alma back in late 2007.  I think that the design has been released since then and it is in one of their books.

It is a fabulous design and it shouldn't take me too long to finish it.  These two pieces will make great additions to my Blackbird wall.  I guess I'd better get to stitching!

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Faye said...

You are nearly there with both of these~~ Will be done in no time!! Love them both btw...Faye

Karen said...

OMG...you are so close on Beneath! It would be a shame not to finish it.

I really like the other BBD design. Love the colors in that border.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pieces! I'm sure they will both be done in no time!