Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Getting Back in the Groove

Even though I was trying hard to be my happy little self, this beginning of this week wasn't very kind to me. 

On Tuesday morning before work I kind of fell down the stairs.  Now, don't be alarmed........I was only on the second to the bottom step.  I guess it was too early for my legs and feet that day.  My left foot just slipped right off the stair and down I went. I'm okay now, but I do have a couple of bruises on my left hip and just below my left knee to show for my tumble.

Then on Wednesday, Hubby decided to be "productive" and he did some work around the house which involved getting rid of a queen size mattress.  In the process of getting the mattress down the stairs, by himself I might add, he proceeded to knock the doorbell box off the wall and he broke the glass on the entry way ceiling light and the glass on the torch lamp in the great room.  When I asked if he vacuumed up the glass his answer was "Why?  I picked up all the big pieces!"  Of course, upon further inspection when I arrived home, I found several more large pieces of glass that he missed as well as shards scattered all over the entry way.  We are so very lucky that none got into the Puppy's paws!

That day I definitely had a Calgon moment!  Too bad we don't have a soaking tub!

Now, Hubby knows that I haven't been myself lately and he has been trying his hardest to do things to help out around the house.  I really can't be mad at him because he did go grocery shopping with out me telling him to and he did bring me home some goodies (like ice cream) that I probably would not have bought normally.  Then, last night, I came home to him "renovating" the kitchen.  He had gone through the pantry and all the cabinets and rearranged everything.  He also reconfigured how we had stuff on the counter tops and now we have a bit more space for preparing dinner and such.  In addition, there was a box ready for the dumpster and a box ready for goodwill.   I was so very thankful for what he had done.  I told him how big of a help he was being and that his actions would decrease my everyday chores.  I also told him to be careful because what he had been doing in the house the last few days has really turned me on!  (Maybe he will keep it up.......Boy wouldn't that be nice!)  My Hubby is sure learning fast what helps keep my depression at bay!

He's not the only one who has been influential in getting me back into my groove.  My BFF has been a great sounding board and prayer warrior.  I also meet with a group of friends once (sometimes twice) a week and they have all been very supportive of me.  Then there are all of you......my blogging buddies.  Each and every comment that was left on my last blog post has been a godsend.  I treasure you all for helping to lift me back up off my feet.  I can only hope to try and do the same for you all if you ever need it.  So, don't worry, this kiddo will be "keeping her fork".  After all, you never know when I'll need that fork to poke my Husband back into action!

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Parsley said...

Ouchie on that fall!! Hugs Jennifer. Keep on fighting for those smiles. You sure bring a lot of smiles to us!

Hillery said...

I know what you mean about the housework. Just the sight of my hubby folding the laundry gets me all in a tizzy.. haha.

Denise said...

My husband is currently doing the dishes. I'm 'paying' the bills. hehe

These men of ours do a good job of taking care of us - don't they?

I hope your weekend brightens and your bruises fade.

Smiles - Denise

Berit said...

Sounds like a 2 steps forward, 1 step back sort of progress; but you're getting there. Your sweet DH is really trying. :)

Karen said...

sorry you have had such a rough week. just 2 stairs can be brutal. ouch! you just let hubby do the things that need to be done, they do step up to the plate when needed (maybe we need to let them know they are needed more often, huh?) LOL
(((hugs)))

Sherry :o) said...

I am glad, Jennifer, that you didn't tumble down more stairs - ouch!! And in your closing paragraph you said we were helping (along with your other support peoples...) to lift you back up off your feet - looks like someone did it way too well (humor here!)...Maybe August just wasn't your month this year and now we're almost into September! Smile, stitch, relax and enjoy!