My week has been rough and crazy. It started with my neighbors party on Friday night. They were loud enough that I could hear everything through the walls....and I had the TV on! (I live in a condo complex.). Of course, that does not bode well for me since I had to be up bright and early for work on Saturday.
Normally, my tax season Saturdays are about 8 hours long. This way I won't have to struggle during the week to make all of my hours. However, this perticular Saturday was filled with a huge return that had 67 partners. That made my 8 hours stretch to over 11 hours! The only benefit to this is that I will be able to leave early on Friday.
The craziness continued in Sunday. At 3:30am we woke up to our doorbell ringing like crazy. Hubby grabbed the Ruger for protection and flew down the stairs with me on his heals. Turned out the prankster was my neighbor. Only it was no prank. Apparently someone had backed into my car. As luck would have it his sister witnessed it and got the license plate of the offending vehicle. The police were called and a report was filed. Finally on Wednesday the detective called me with information on the driver of the other vehicle. So, I've spent the week dealing with police and insurance companies. I have an appointment to get my car fixed on Monday, but now I may have to wait on the other insurance company because I don't feel that I should have to pay a deductible. This is such a pain! Especially since I was basically an innocent bystander. It doesn't help that I'm in the busiest part of my season at work. Ugh!
My only relief has been drooling over all the new Nashville goodies. I'm going to put a few on my wish list. I know I said that I was going to try and refrain from stash buying this year, but I have to have that new Blackbird book and the Crescent Colors flosses. Stash trumps a crap filled week!
Happy Stitching!
16 comments:
Hugs Jennifer, I hope things get better and you Sunday is the best yet.
I truly hope Friday and Saturday are better, and you can survive until Sunday's stitching time! Hang in there!
A stressful week does excuse you completely from any stash rules you made for yourself at a time which you had no idea of what you'd be dealing with. Go shop!!!
you definitely need some new stash as a pick me up! :)
Sometimes it feels like you can't win.
New stash will help the grumpies that accompany talking to police and insurance companies.
Good luck with work - just a few more weeks to go!
I have a new bullit drink maker I say frozen drinks are in order for Sunday. What's your favorite? Oh and I have family ties. You are welcome to it if you don't have it yet. darlene
Sounds like you really need a treat. I too love lots of the Nashville beauties....since I feel bad for you I think I will teat mysself to something! lol....hope your Sunday is fun and your upcoming week better.
Amen Sister!! Have been dealing with sick peoples in my house (now I am the only one who is NOT sick!)and it is not over yet! Sunday cannot come soon enough! Hugs!
stash is a great pick me up.
I can't imagine how busy this season is.
I definitely agree you shouldn't have to pay a deductible.
Phew - what a week you had!! Here's to Sunday!!!
I hope it stops raining on you soon....but a bright side is that the driver was seen and they can pay for the damages, although I know it is a hassel...it happened to us three years ago and it was a long drawn out ordeal...
Go for the stash - It sound like you need it - Stressful week for you - Hang in there.
Best wishes for a better weekend today! :D
Oh that sucks! At least your neighbor got the plate number. Hope things turn around!
Ugh! And I thought my week's were rough! Hope things are better this week. Good job treating yourself to some goodies. We all need that boost now and again!
You are very lucky to have girlfriends to stitch with...I've been stitching forever and I don't have any friends that do it...I have tried to generate interest, but to no avail. You are blessed.
Post a Comment