This was my very first visit to Chincoteague. It is something I've been wanting to do for quite awhile. The island was pretty much in the preparation stage for the summer tourists, so there wasn't much open. That didn't matter to me. I just loved being able to head to the refuge in search of the famous Chincoteague Ponies.
Each year, sometime in July, healthy ponies are selected to swim across the Assateague Channel and are auctioned off. The proceeds from the sales go to the local fire department. This event is quite famous and has been going on since 1925. You can read all about it here. Maybe one day I will brave the crowds......or maybe I will just head back on a sunnier day.
Of course, now that things have calmed down, I'll get back to stitching and blogging on a more regular basis. Stay tuned.........I've got my needle revved up and it should be smoking in no time!
Happy Stitching!

Of course, now that things have calmed down, I'll get back to stitching and blogging on a more regular basis. Stay tuned.........I've got my needle revved up and it should be smoking in no time!
Happy Stitching!
8 comments:
Wow!!! What beautiful photos. Glad that you were able to rest after a busy tax season.
great photos! welcome back to the real world! ;0)
Woohoo - tax season is OVER! Your day off was much needed - great photos!
Welcome back!
woo hoo now you can chill and get those needles back in to action :) sounds like you had a fab day :) love the horse story too :) happy easter to you all love mouse xxx
Nice field trip!! sun or no sun, it is still a great place to visit! And you DID see some ponies! See you this weekend! Hugs!
That must be such a great place. Good that you could relax and enjoy nature.
Glad you made it through tax season and rewarded yourself with a little trip to Chincoteague! And you even got to see some of the famous ponies!! You got some great pictures!
Looking forward to your stitchy updates!
Oh, I'd love to visit there sometime! I still have fond memories of reading "Misty of Chincoteague" by Marguerite Henry when I was a kid!
Post a Comment