I started my morning with what I thought would be a quick trip to the car dealership for some minor warranty work. Well, an hour and a half later they told me that I had a problem with my front brakes and it would require another two hours. They told me I could come back since they had to order parts for another issue and they would fix them both at the same time. Seeing that these were my brakes and I need my brakes to work properly to stop the car, I opted to have them fixed. Of course that meat that I wouldn't get to work until after lunch. And, what's the point in going in that late??? So..........of course I had to call into work and take the whole day off. *Snicker*
The good thing about being stuck at the car dealership was that I got to spend some quality time with my stitching. Remember this piece from January?
I managed to turn it from that to this........
I know it doesn't look like much, but there are lots of little stitches there! Hopefully the words will go pretty quick. I may even make this my next fifteen minute project.
Speaking of fifteen minute projects, I worked on that one yesterday (and this morning) too. I guess you could say that the heat gave me a little bit of ADD. My attention was so limited yesterday, so maybe it was a good thing that I had the day off. I couldn't really stick with any one thing yesterday.
After I had it with stitching I went to a LQS that is a few blocks from my house. (I'm lucky with the quilting......there are three shops close by!) You see, the other day I purchased a Groupon for $34 that would allow me $69 worth of classes and/or supplies and it was burning a hole in my pocket. I've been thinking about taking another class and I felt that this Groupon gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. I started off asking about the one session binding class and instead I was talked into a six session Quilting 101 class. Since the class was already well on their way to part three, the owner of the shop offered to catch me up on the classes so that I didn't have to wait until next quarter. So, I spent the afternoon with her yesterday. Once I'm done I will have a 60" x 60" rail step quilt. All I have to do is cut 17 strips from each of these three fabrics.
Oh, my! Looks like I'm in trouble now! See......I told you the heat made me do it!
Happy Stitches!
10 comments:
Jennifer those fabrics are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the finished product!
May I borrow your "heat made me do it" excuse? I could have used that one several times over already.
Love your stitching of course. I have felt the need to take a break from my BAP and start something new lately. You just may have inspired me.
You might hear me hollering..."The Serial Starter made me do it!"
hi, your stitching is really looking so lovely..and the fabric is simply so lovely..have fun dear ..happy stitching xx
Love those fabrics!!
I think many of us are using that heat excuse right about now. The heat index was 120 here the last time I checked!!
Oh Jennifer, you had to know the quilting bug would get you as good as the stitching bug - they are all fiber items, after all. I love the fabric - beautiful and I think taking a basic class is smart - I did that...and the group I hang with are all quilting nuts, as well as stitching nuts, so they help me out. I have to say, I enjoy the quilting almost as much as stitching (although binding is my least fav - if I am stitching in hand, I prefer to do samplers or the like).
Your stitching progress is great - and I love your 15 minute project progress.
Have a good weekend - stay as cool as you can!
love your excuses :) and those fabrics are yummy :) well done on the progress too :) love mouse xxx
LOL Sounds like you had a banner day - even with the heat and the car repair. Have a great weekend!
In that case, thank God for the heat, lol. I'm sure you'll love your class. And she was so nice to get you all caught up! Wonderful. Sorry you had such a rough time with the car though. Of COURSE you had to take the rest of the day off. Getting the car fixed is often an all day deal, lol. Good progress on your stitching too. Here's hoping the border meets up for you like it should. I hate doing things with a border, because they make me soooooo nervous!!
Lovely stitching and fabrics. What sampler is that? It looks very beautiful already
Glad you had your stitching with you when you had to wait so long for your car! Love those fabrics, cannot wait to see the quilt! It was so nice of the shop owner to catch you up on the classes so you don't have to wait for the next session. I just love how small shops are so customer oriented!
Love what the heat made you do lol.
Isn't it great to have some uninterrupted stitching time. Nice progress.
Post a Comment