So many things have gone on this year. I joined the Crazy January Challenge and the Friends Stitching Through the Seasons Exchange. I went on a mini one day vacation to Chincoteague Island, VA and we took a couple of trips to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I bought a new sewing machine and began my adventure into the wide world of
There have been a few sad things too......like the passing of my Great Aunt in September and my (second) miscarriage earlier this month.
In regards to my stitching, I didn't manage as many finishes as I have had in recent years. In fact, I think that my number went down by nearly half! Still, I did manage to finish 11 pieces in the Crazy January Challenge (I think my eyes were faster than my needle when it came to those projects!) and I am proud of everything I've finished as part of the Challenge.
After my miscarriage, I knew I had to stitch another remembrance sampler, but I have yet to start on it. I've picked two out, but I'm waiting on some test results that will hopefully tell me not only the sex of our little one, but what might have been the reason for his/her heart to stop beating. Then I will make my final decision on what to stitch.
In the meantime, I have been keeping my stitching mojo in top form. I've been working on the first piece of the 2011 Challenge (Mouline Rouge) and I have managed to finish the right third of the design. I'm now into the middle area, but my stitching on this piece has come to a halt. I've been contracted to do some model stitching and I need to get it done before tax season hits full swing. So, I've been concentrating on that. It is coming along nicely and I can say that if you are a fan of this particular designer (like I am) and if you love working with a particular brand of threads (like I do) then you will not be disappointed.
******
Happy almost 2012!
15 comments:
I see you definitely have been through alot this year.
Miscarriages are never easy.
I wish I could have found out the sex of my miscarried children.
Through the years I continually think about them.
I hope and pray that some day I will be able to meet them in Heaven.
Here is to a very Happy New Year! Hopefully 2012 will be better for us all.
sending you big hugs dear..
i wish and pray that coming new year is a wonderful year for you and for all of us..
big hugs cucki xx
Hi Jennifer, You have had a hard year a - miscarriages are hard and so heartbreaking. But be strong, it took me over a year to get pregnant with my first child and then I had a miscarriage with my second but I now have three beautiful grown up children.
I will be sending positive thoughts your way.
Hugs, Kaye xoxox
Here's to 2012. May it be filled with much love, laughter and peace - oh and many stitches!
Great clues as to your model stitching......I love that designer and those threads too! ;)
Jennifer, my heart goes out to you in the loss of your baby. Praying for a blessed 2012...
I was disappointed in my stitching progress in 2011. I'm hoping that I can spend more time on it in 2012. I kind of lost momentum when I hand-pieced and quilted a queen size quilt for my daughter. Whew... glad that's completed! (I'm using a sewing machine for the three other kids' quilts!)
Jennifer, sending big hugs your way, since I just now read of your loss early this month. Keep hoping and keep praying and I know that God will honor the prayer of your aunt...His timing is different then ours. We just have to trust.
My stitching was so focused on model stitching on my designs this year, that I got very little accomplished with personal stitching. I hope that 2012 changes that for me, and you!
Have a most blessed New Year!
You have been in my prayers since I read your post about the miscarriage. Good to see you posting again.
Wishing you and your DH a very happy New Year, may it bring you gifts of joy, health and happiness and lots of stitching time for you.
Jennifer: I am sad for your loss, I look forward to seeing your finish Mouline Rouge.
Happy Newyear
Catherine
Jennifer, I am only hearing of your miscarriage from this post...my heart goes out to you, so sorry for your loss. God has his own timing and we must trust that He knows best.
You have accomplished a lot this year. 11 finishes in the Crazy challenge is great, I managed to finish 10. Hopefully the other 5 will be completed in 2012. I joined the challenge again this year but chose 15 small projects so that I can work on my WIP too.
Again I thank you for the Traveling Pattern! It was so much fun to participate and I look forward to seeing the other participants finishes in the coming months!
May God bless you in the new year and give you your heart's desire!
Been thinking of you so much through the holiday season. Praying too.
I never set goals with my stitching. I envy those who do. What I really need to do is get busy on my ABC Tapestry. At this rate I'll never get it done!
The traveling pattern has been so much fun to follow.
A happy and healthy New Year to you and your hubby.
(((hugs))) to you both and I hope you manage to find out the answers to your questions and the answers can be dealt with :)
wishing you a very merry stitchy new year love mouse xxxx
Happy New Year Jennifer! Best wishes to a year full of smiles, happiness and much stitching! I stitched less this year too. Simply too much drama and too busy...and my eyes are faster than the hands actually stitching! =)
2012 will be a better year for you, I just know it. Wishing you all the best in 2012.
Praying that the new you will bring you peace and hope. Thanks for sharing your heart.
Hugs to you! Hope 2012 is the year that answers your prayers...
Looking forward to see M.R. finished. I added that to my list of "wanna do" when I saw it last year.
I am placing the last stitches in the Traveling Pattern tonight or tomorrow night - will be emailing you when I put it in the mail to Edgar! I love the way it is looking and put a different stitch on the border.
Post a Comment