It really started on Tuesday at lunch. A hunch that I had last week was confirmed. I found out that another co-worker is pregnant. She's in her mid twenties and she has been going to a fertility clinic for PCOS. How can I not be happy for her? How can I not feel sad for my husband and myself? The worst part about it all, this co-worker works under me, so I will have major contact with her for the next three and a half months as tax season rolls on. (I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but there is also another co-worker who is pregnant with twins. I will have to see her, but at least I won't have to work closely with her.)
On Wednesday morning I got the results from the tests that the doctor ran during my D&C. The reason it took so long is that the lab had to grow the cells. The result? 46, XY....a genetically perfect baby boy with no chromosonal issues. All in all I am trying to take comfort in the fact that this is very good news. Still, there is no explanation as to why his little heart stopped beating. At this point my family and I just think that his little heart wasn't strong enough and he decided that it was easier to go see God when he did instead of putting us through further pain.
Yesterday, Thursday, seemed to be a good day......I didn't cry at the drop of a hat like the day before. I started putting my life back in order and I began to make plans that involved a couple of new doctor appointments. The first was for my primary care physician so that I could get her up to speed. The second appointment was for a reproductive specialist recommended by my OBGYN. So, even though I was feeling anxious, I was focused on the future. It didn't matter that the specialist may cost us more money than we have. I wasn't even too upset at the possibility that insurance won't cover anything because they could consider this a fertility issue instead of a history of miscarriages. I knew that my husband and I have the support of our families.....both emotional and monetary (if the need should arise).
I came home from work with a smile on my face and a new attitude about life. I had a wonderful dinner with my husband (that he cooked!) and then we sat down to enjoy some TV before heading off to bed. I picked up my model stitching and happily put needle and thread to fabric. Then the phone rang. It was Hubby's cousin.....with news I didn't want or need to hear..........
THEY ARE PREGNANT
She's 11 weeks along, so they knew when we saw them over the Christmas holiday. They told most of the family then, but they kept it a secret from us because of what we had just been through. Both Hubby and I knew they were acting weird during the holiday and now we know why. Deep down I am happy for the both of them. They are both a year younger than I am, so I know how she felt about time ticking away and wanting to add at least one little one the the family. Still, it really cut like a knife when she told me. Thankfully I was able to hold back the tears until after I hung up the phone.Sigh..............
Still I cry as I type this. But I'm trying to be strong. My OBGYN is sending me to the best place on the East Coast for reproductive medicine. In fact, the first IVF baby in the United States was born at this Institute. I also found out that while my MIL worked in alumni affairs at the medical school she worked closely with the doctor that I will be seeing. I kind of feel like the puzzle pieces are falling into place and I'm trying to ignore the hiccups of hearing that other people are pregnant. I'm trying to keep the faith, but sometimes I wonder why God allows me to handle so much!
One day at a time, right?
I promise.......I'm trying!
22 comments:
I don't know what to say other then reading this made my heart feel heavy. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping your wish comes true
oh dear..me sending you lots of hugs..you are in my prayer and thought.
love for you always.
cucki xxx
one day at a time is good :)... and you are doing all the right things as you say the puzzle pieces are coming together ..... and fingers crossed things will work out for you ... my mum was adopted because her mum and dad couldn't have any and then they did .. may be being round them and it will be hard, will help in a funny sort of way ??? let me know how you get on with everything and I am here at the other side of the screen for you :) ((((HUGS)))) love mouse xxxx
Try to hang in there--remember good things in your life (and there are MANY!) to pass the time. Remember you are much LOVED! Hugs!
Sending many prayers your way.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
Oh Jennifer - what can I write to bring you some comfort other than my heart goes out to you and your DH. Sending you a big hug and my prayers. I often think of you xxx
Jennifer, you & DH are in my thoughts and prayers. I too had numerous miscarriages before my son and daughter were finally sent to me...never give up hope that God is preparing you for something that will bless your life immensely. It may not be in the way that you expect, but be open to whatever it may be because it will be a blessing regardless.
Hugs to you my dear!
Wish I could say something that would take away your pain...know that you are in my prayers. God has a plan for you and it will be revealed in his timeing. Try to focus on the blessings in your life in the meantime. Hugs!
I feel for you and can relate...a little.
My daughter is just starting the infetility 'find out why' journey.
Jennifer, I ran across your post and my heart goes out to you and your husband. Please know that others care and are praying for you both. It is good to know that you have the strength to plan future doctor visits.....I wish you all the best.
I'm so hoping for good news and good luck for you with the doctors etc .
Stay strong ,and take things as they come .
Thinking of you.
Many warm hugs and tender prayers heading your way...
Jennifer, I came over to your blog from Edgar's blog.
This is the first post of yours I've read.
I just want to say how sorry I am and that I understand some of the pain you're going through. I lost 3 pregnancies during the second trimesters, went through lots of tests, etc. to try to find out what happened (praying for an answer and something we could do). Went through the "why me's" big time and had similar feelings when friends and or family members were pregant.
It was probably the most painful time of our lives.
I'll keep you in my prayers.
Keeping you in my prayers. (((Hugs)))
My thoughts go out to you and your husband. I have never been through the heartache you are feeling but my sister in law has been going through this and it is so hard for her everytime she hears of someone expecting.
I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers (((HUGS)))
Natasha
If you are coming to the Jones Institute for Reproductive Med, it IS the best!!!! I geared up as I read your post. I SO remember those times?. And everyone asking "are you pregnant yet" I just wanted to scream at them.
sent you an email....hugs and more hugs to you!
Jennifer, I came over from Edgar's blog after reading about his travelling pattern story. My heart goes out to you and your DH after reading your story. Keep the faith and good things will come. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Hang in there Jennifer and remember our talks.... It will happen when it is supposed to... know that so many others have walked the path you are now on..Have FAITH that you will have your own good news in the future. Mentally throw yourself into your passion...like stitching.
((Hugs)) from me to you, Faye
You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
In His timing.......
Oh Jennifer...I'm sorry. Hearing others stories probably doesn't help much but if it could - my boss and his wife had 2 miscarriages back to back. Her next pregnancy took - twins. There is hope and I'll be sure to remember you in my prayers. Your baby is out there without a doubt...they will come to you in one way or another.
Jennifer - I am praying for you. It will work out, I am praying for you. We could never get pregnant so we adopted--that was the best option for us.
CJ
Post a Comment