I began by pulling everything off of one shelf. The shelf was filled with a basket full of kitted and unkitted projects, Stitch Bow containers (that I don't like or use anymore), photo boxes filled with DMC and hand dyed threads, storage bins (that are similar to tackle boxes) filled with more DMC, Krenik and beads, as well as several books that I have already read. As I was working, I noticed that some of the boxes had condensation on the outside. Now where the heck did that come from? Then when I pulled out the books, one of them was soaking wet and it had started to mold. WHAT???? After emptying the shelf I started pulling down the sweatshirts and bike gear that was above the books. Half of my sweatshirts were soaking wet! OH NO!!!! So I went downstairs and grabbed the super powered flashlight that we just bought from Sam's club. (The bulb in the closet has been out forever and I just haven't gotten around to replacing it.) So, I pointed that "bad boy" flashlight up to the ceiling and had me a look around since the access to the attic was above the wet area. I didn't see anything, but knowing that both the hot water heater and the a/c were up there I was worried. Once I didn't see anything I began to search the ceiling outside of the closet and lo and behold........

A water stain about 2 feet long was on the ceiling just outside of the closet. UGH! Here it is, 8pm on a Tuesday night and I'm calling Tori (our a/c guy). With a promise to come out Wednesday afternoon, I set to emptying out the rest of the right side of the closet.

All of the baskets on the shelves are filled with stash. The bottom basket has only Shepherd's Bush kits in it and those aren't even all of the kits I have! I never realized how much stash and junk was in that closet. The bed only holds the contents of the right side of the closet. Wait until I get to the left side!

Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon. I took the afternoon off of work (which didn't really bother me because we are so slow right now). Upon arriving home I sat down to watch the last day of the MLB Free Preview on cable. My Arizona Diamondbacks had a 3pm game against the Colorado Rockies, so it was great timing. I sat down and waited for Tori. Around 3:45 my angel arrived!

Tori went up and checked things out. Wouldn't you know it.....just a clogged drain. I was glad to pay Tori for coming out and fixing the small problem. That means my stash budget is safe. I still have money for the retreat I'm going to in October (put on by Dyeing To Stitch). Thanks Tori!
So, now you know why I haven't been stitching or blogging. But thank goodness the disaster has been diverted. I think my reward should be a nice new stitching start!
Happy Stitching!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness. Glad that you found it sooner & had Tori to fix it for you. ~ Dawn ~
Oh wow! I'm glad that you were able to catch it and get it fixed before it did more extensive damage.
Mom got the rotary cutter from Jo-Ann. It wasn't with the other Ginghers but on a side kick back by the cotton fabrics.
Oh, what a scare!
Hey thanks for coming over to my blog! Welcome!!
Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com
Post a Comment