Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dry yet?


Little by little, bit by bit, we are drying out from the terrible Nor'easter that hit at the end of last week. Roads were flooded and power was out in many places. Some businesses were damaged or flooded out and we also lost a local landmark. Hopefully they will rebuild.......


I even know of a family that ended up with a small fire after the electricity came back up after being off for a day or two. (Did you know that you should turn off your main breaker in the house so that this won't happen to you??? I didn't either!) Thank goodness no one was hurt and the damage was relatively minor compared to losing a home.


On a personal front, my home fared well during the storm. Our power flickered and threatened to turn off, but it never did. Thank goodness we are on the same grid as the hospital. Our power hardly ever goes out!


You would think that this would have been perfect stitching weather, but alas, I actually have been feeling a little "under the weather". I swear that the change in the barometric pressure is the reason for this sinus infection and my lack of stitching mojo. But, I've still been sitting in my "happy place" anyway and I'm trying hard to get my mojo back.


Over the weekend I was able to finish "Hanukkah Bits" for my mother. Now I just need to get it framed and back in my hands before December 12th..........



Hanukkah Bits

I've also been working on "Bo Peep" a little bit at a time. Here are a few progress pictures (taken on 11/16 and then again on 11/18). My ultimate goal is to have her finished by the end of the year, but with my mojo like it is, I won't make any promises......

Bo Peep Bo Peep
Hope all is well in your home......Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Faye said...

love your stitches!!! Hope you dry out soon~~ Faye

Daffycat said...

Oh, dear! Floods are no fun. I'm so happy your home was spared.

Love the Hanukkah Bits! It turned out so lovely. Mine came in the mail today. Thanks for the enabling!

Laural said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad that you and your family are doing ok though.

Great finish! I've been looking at all of her silk gauze projects just a little intimidated to do them though.

Lainey said...

Bo-peep is adorable and the hanukkah piece is lovely. Hope your weather clears soon.