First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments. (A special thanks goes to Daffycat for the shout out on her blog.) I stitched Hanukkah Bits for my mother for Hanukkah this year (which starts on December 11th). She loves my stitching and I thought of her the instant I saw this piece.
Come to think of it, my step-father loves my stitching too. Over 20 years ago I designed a piece for him based on his favorite saying at the time and it still hangs in his office to this day. I think it said something like: I must hurry to catch up, for I am their leader! (Ok, I didn't really design it, I just picked out my favorite alphabet, his favorite colors and charted out the saying........what did you expect from a pre-teen?? LOL!) The last time I took my framed stitching to show off, I went home with one less piece. My step-father walked into the garage and grabbed a stool and a hammer while I was in the other room talking to my mother. We hear this banging and walk into the kitchen only to find my step-father hanging my The Sun Sets..... by M Designs. I didn't even get a picture of it before it was stolen from me. Oh well, at least I know it is loved and appreciated!
Oh, and Laurel, just go for it! The silk is not that hard to work on......just get really good light and have strong glasses. I also found that it was easier to see when I had something that was a solid dark color on my lap while I was stitching. One other note, I was too lazy to sew it onto some fabric and then put it in a hoop. I'm a in hand stitcher for the most part and I did this in hand too. The worst part was filling everything in. Not because fill in is a boring task, but because I really had to make sure I didn't miss a stitch. So, I'm cheering for you!
Happy Stitching
Keeping you up to date ..... I hope haha
1 week ago
2 comments:
You are welcome!
I had a glance thru the instructions and wondered about stitching in hand. I stitch everything in hand so I'm pleased to know the hoop isn't required!
I have had that same Ott Lite for over a year now - I got that one for the SAME reason - it's just so much nicer with the decor rather than the white plastic ones.
I got it with a 50% off coupon, so I'm jealous over the deal you got!
Post a Comment