Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Looks can be deceiving

This is a shot (from my phone) out of my office window. Looks like a typical rainy day, right? WRONG!!! Welcome to the November Nor'easter! Winds are gusting to 50 mph and the streets are flooding like they do during a Hurricane. Schools are closed and even the college I went to closed (and they never close)! I think our state may have even declared a "state of emergency" today.

Do you think that my office is closed? No, of course not! If the "big boss" made it in than so can everyone else! Ppfftt!

This would have been a perfect day to jump back into bed and sleep a little later. Then I could have spent my afternoon in front of the TV with some stitching. Wishful thinking!

So, if you live in the Mid-Atlantic, and you have to go to work like me, I wish you safe travel.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Maggee said...

Aha!! MY office is closing at Noon, tho I got off early to go to the doctor... so, I am home already, and ready to snuggle down and stitch, stitch, stitch... :)
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

It looked like that in my part of Virginia as well! Schools didn't close though here nor could the kids go outside for recess!

Enjoy your nonrainy weekend!

Robin in VA