Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Finally, Some Stitching!

A week with out stitching and a girl can really go crazy!  But, I was feeling much better over the weekend and I managed to work some on my Blackbird Piece from the 2008 Shepherd's Bush retreat.  Here's what it looked like last weekend.....


And here is what it looked like after some stitching time on Saturday night and during the afternoon football games on Sunday.......


I actually accomplished most of my stitching on Saturday night while having a "stitch in" with my BFF.  Most of Sunday was spent sleeping on the couch.  I'm really an avid football fan and I typically spend my Sundays stitching and watching football, but I was still a little under the weather.  Plus, it was a rainy Sunday.  Rainy Sundays are always good for napping!

Of course, as you can see, I'm getting ready to work on the vase.  Here's where I have a dilemma.  Do I stitch "2008" in the vase because that is when I went to Shepherd's Bush?  Or, do I stitch "2010" in it because that is when I plan on finishing it?  I think I've already decided, but I would love to see what every one else things about this.

As a side note, I would like to thank all of you who commented or emailed me about the heartburn.  Well, it is MUCH better than it was last week and I'm no longer taking the OTC medication.  However, I've made a doctor's appointment anyway and if they give me anything to take I'll be sure to let you know.  I'm pretty sure it is anxiety related and it is just a reaction to what has been going on in my life.  I'm sure it will settle down soon enough.  After all, I'm supposed to go to market next week with Sharon Crescent of Crescent Colours and it wouldn't be much fun if I was sick!

Happy Stitching!


14 comments:

Berit said...

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Stitch whatever date you have most "sentiment" for in connection to the piece. Afterall, dates in the 19th century seemingly chosen by looks alone are popular sampler motifs.

CalamityJr said...

I think I'd go with 2008 because of the meaning of your being there, plus, based on what Berit suggests, 2008 stitches up prettier than 2010, haha!

Catherine said...

Knowing my, I'd probably move the 2008 over and use both - 2008*2010.

Patricia Lessell said...

I am so glad you are feeling better but I'm happy you are going to see the doctor anyway.

Your stitching is just divine and I love that chart with a vengeance. Maybe one day I'll get to a SB retreat (Larry would have to win the Lotto first) and get a chart that is only available there like your BBD one.

Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Sherry :o) said...

I love your piece - it's beautiful!! I woudl probably put 2008 on the vase, and then write the year finished on the back once framed...or even smaller on the piece somewhere, perhaps the bottom.

Glad you're feeling better - market is almost here! Have fun - I am so envious!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You've made great progress! I think you should stitch whatever your heart tells you to stitch in terms of a date.

Blu said...

Lovely progress!
Go with whatever date you feel like. I have to admit that I'd use 2010, only because 5 years from now I'd be ripping hair trying to figure out why it said I'd finished it around the time of X while I remember stitching on it when Y was happening.

Lesley said...

Hi Jennifer, how about 2008/2010. It's a bit of a compromise, I know, but it might just work.
So sorry about your heartburn. It's horrid, isn't it? Have you tried Gaviscon. It gets rid of mine, literally, in less than two minutes!

Sharon said...

That is so gorgeous!

Michele said...

love love love this piece! about the date, I would do the 2008 but put the real finished date on the back of the frame, with a little note about why.

Glad you are feeling better!

Karen said...

hey there! glad your feeling better! you need to be better to go to Market next week. :)

Honestly, i think i would stitch 2010 because that's when i stitched it, but then again, 2008 where it is suppose to be and maybe do 2010 somewhere over 1? i'm alot of help, rigt?! LOL

Melanie said...

Hmmm, well I just finished a piece that I put 2009 on - because 90% of the work was actually DONE in 2009 so I kind of like the date to reflect when it was stitched but, in your case, I would put the older date as a remembrance of the retreat. Either way is right, which is probably not very helpful to you. lol

Anonymous said...

I really like this piece! The colors are right up my alley. The date is a hard one...if the trip to SB was a good memory associated with this piece, then I would stitch 2008. If not, then I would go with the finish date.

Kim said...

Lovely lovely piece! Can't go wrong with those great Blackbird Designs pieces! I think..hmmm....I think I would stitch 2008 in the vase, since you want to remember the year of the SB retreat, but then somewhere in the piece stitch your initials and 2010. :o)