So, I've come to the conclusion that this is just not going to be my month. Forget the fact that my birthday is in four days. It doesn't matter. Plus, I'm another year older! Who wants that?
Wonder why I'm aggravated? Well, here's just a few choice items over the past couple of days:
- Just spent a fair chunk of $ on husband's new work wardrobe since he didn't have any extra money saved for this (...and I did????). But, I can't send him into a professional environment in shorts and t-shirts, can I?
- Doctor put me on medicine that isn't covered by insurance because the insurance company doesn't feel that it is "medically necessary". (It is to me!)
- My Nook? Well, Barnes & Noble wants to send the replacement to the Virgin Islands. (Yes, they shipped it to the Virgin Islands!) That is about 1,500 miles away from where I live. When I called to complain and change the shipping address to the correct one I had to call twice and my second call ended up lasting 50 minutes!
- My Internet at home stopped working properly. We thought it was our old computer. But no......it isn't. Our new computer recognizes the wi-fi just fine but it shows no connectivity. Looks like I'll be on the phone with the Internet provider tonight. ETA: Looks like internet is fixed (for now) on the two new computers. The old computer still won't recognize the wifi and I'm not in the mood to deal with it. I think we will just make the old laptop a "permanent" resident on the desk so that it can be hooked in directly to the internet.
- Husband still hasn't made the second half of the truck payment that is due this month. I normally wouldn't worry too much, but he won't have a paycheck until after the payment is due. (Not sure what money tree I'm going to pluck that payment from!)
- My vacation........well, it is beginning to look like a staycation based on Hubby's new job. (At least that means we won't be spending money on gas and eating out.)
- The stock market continues to plummet and I'm watching my retirement get flushed down the drain. (I can't do much about this, so I just shrug my shoulders and hope it will rebound in the next 20 years.)
So, where's the chocolate????

12 comments:
well as they say... when one door closes another one opens :) and you never know when that next lot of chocolate will come from ..lol .. keep ya chin up :) love mouse xxx
*hugs* sounds like a horrid time... although a staycation sounds like fun to me :D Once DH gets that paycheck I think he needs to a. pay you back and b. buy you a nice treat :D Hope you have an awesome birthday!!
oh dear..dont worry..lots of hugs for you..and i wish you have a very lovely and a happy birthday xx
I am proud of you trying to put a positive spin on things! It inspires me!
May your birthday be blessed and full of happiness! Things will look up. Just look around--you will always find someone worse off than you! Hugs!
Sounds like you have had your plate full. It's always hard during a job changeover. Hugs and birthday wishes headed your way!!
Good to find the positive when ever possible...hang in there! And Happy Birthday!
Oh you are having a rough time of it! Hang in there and keep trying to put the good spin on things. As to the medicine, let your doctor know that your insurance won't pay for it and maybe he can help you out with some samples, that would help cut down on the cost at least a little.
Sometimes we just shake our heads at what we have to go through. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a better tomorrow.
oh so sorry Jen! it always happens this way, doesn't it?! ugh! sending many many happy and good thoughts your way. and i understand the insurance not covering your meds (eventhough mine are for different reasons) mine are quite expensive and they expect me to be able to pay them monthly on a SSI payment, ugh
((((hugs))))
See Mouse's comment above. :)
I do hope you have a wonderful Birthday. Do something nice for yourself. A nice long soak in a bubble bath. Or maybe, if the $$ is there, a pedicure, or just relax in the quiet of home and stitch, nap and nibble on the chocolate. :)
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Mercury is retrograde until Aug.28. You just made a list of things which can and do happen when Mercury is retrograde. Not to fear, though, you are not alone, and it will end. Just don't purcahse any electronics until after the 28th.
Your husband has a new job! Congratulations!
Post a Comment