Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Progress None the Less

The last two weeks really hasn't afforded me the progress that I've been hoping for.  However, I guess some is better than none, right?

Here's where I stand with the ABC's of Aging by L*K.  Only eight more letters to go!  I've tried to keep up with at least fifteen minutes a day.  And, for those days where the fifteen minutes wasn't possible, I made up for it with a double session the next day.  I didn't get this finished before the end of the month like I was hoping I would, but I think that I will be able to finish it up before I go on vacation this month.  (Please forgive the wrinkled state, I'm not one to iron until I've come to the end of the project.)

I have also made great progress on another one of my challenge pieces, "Beyond My Heart" by Blackbird Designs.  I'm about halfway done with the words and the design in the upper right hand corner.  I apologize for not taking a picture to show you.  I was running late this morning and I didn't have a chance to pull it out of my bag.

As for quilting, my newest class has really kept me busy.  My homework for this week was to finish cutting 51 strips (2 and 1/2" each), sew them together in sets of three and then sub cut them into squares (6 and 1/2" each).  It was more homework than I was supposed to have at this point, but I started the class much later than the others and I had some major catch up to do.  With all of the sewing and cutting that I did over the weekend I managed to get myself to the same point as the others.


Would you believe that my stack of squares ended up over 2" high?  I don't think I've ever cut that much fabric in my whole life!  I guess I shouldn't really complain....this is just the beginning, isn't it?



It is not just on the stitching and quilting front that I'm progressing slowly.  As of today, we are still trying to conceive our first child.  This month will mark one year since the conception that resulted in the miscarriage.  Things haven't been easy.  I didn't think that this would end up being so hard and I didn't think that I would become so emotional about it all.  I've even resorted to doing things that I said I would never do (ie: charting, over the counter kits, etc.)  I wasn't able to get an appointment with the doctor until the end of the month.  That means that we have to wait that much longer before we can start to explore the reasons why nothing has happened these last nine months.  That having been said, if you are so inclined, please pray for us.  We are doing all we can at the moment and now it is just a waiting game.

In the meantime, try to keep your stitches happy.  I know I'm trying!

11 comments:

Mouse said...

well done on the stitching you did manage and also wow a lot of cutting there girl .. and I know its not easy trying to chill when you soo want a wee one ... but the best advice I can give you is stop thinking and worrying about it not happening ... enjoy being a couple together .. stop the charting and everything else as sometimes its all that that stops you conceiving.. does that make sense ???
sending((HUGS))) to you both and positive thoughts and enjoy the fun times as they should be ;) love mouse xxxx

Sherry :o) said...

Hey Jennifer - I know I've emailed my personal struggle with conceiving, keeping pregnancy, fertility drugs, etc... You have been in my prayers since your miscarriage...I will step it up a bit! Know that I think about this often and hope you are blessed soon.

That being said, what is the fabric that you showed in your post - can I (or you) say BEAUTIFUL! Let me know when you have a minute.

I like the progress on your 15 minute piece...keep it up, you're almost there. Can't wait to see the progress on your BBD.

Cindy said...

Your stitching is beatiful as always. I am impressed with the quilting, keep it up. And as far as the last bit on your blog. . .relax it will happen it may take a little more than practice but it WILL happen. Keep your chin up it's August the ugly month. Love ya!

Karen said...

Your stitching and quilting look great. That sure is a lot of fabric to cut!! I would love to learn how to quilt someday. I completely understand what you're going through in terms of your trying to conceive. I have been trying for 2 years, have seen a specialist, had all the tests, and there's nothing "wrong" with either of us. It's just not happening. I've even had a few IUIs without success. I also have my age working against me now. I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better. Everyone always tells me to relax, to stop "trying so hard," to do this, or don't do that, and it *will* happen--they just know it! Well, that's all well and good, but not always true. I don't mean to sound negative there, but what I mean to say is, it's NOTHING that you're doing or not doing--it's not because you're trying too hard, or stressed, or because you ate that hog dog last week. Sometimes it just *is* for reasons we may never understand. Don't blame yourself, and try to stay positive, but allow yourself to have a bad day if you need one, too. I will keep you in my prayers.

Jennifer M. said...

Your alphabet piece is coming along very nicely. I like the sayings in that one. I see you are into quilting too. O Dear! that is another addictive albeit expensive hobby, but very rewarding too.

I'm sorry to hear about your pregnancy struggles. It breaks my heart to know that good people who want children wait longer for a blessing or may not even get a blessing at all. Yet, people who shouldn't have children do have them and end up not loving them like they should. I wish life made better sense sometimes. Keep positive. What is meant to be will be even when we least expect it.

I'll be praying for you.
Jen :)

Myra said...

That 15 minutes a day is really making a difference. You will be finished with this in no time. Cutting and quilting - it goes hand in hand. I have to say cutting is probably my least favorite part of the process. I will keep you and your DH in my prayers.

Catherine said...

Great stitching goodness!

Thoughts and prayers are headed your way.

Patty C. said...

I have a friend who was in the same boat - It took some time - But she is due in one month - Be patient

You never know what is going to happen ;)

Patty C. said...

My sister miscarried & is now the proud mother of a beautiful little boy ;)

cucki said...

your stitching and quilting is looking really very lovely..
sending you lots of love and hugs.you are in my prayers..kisses xx

Nancy said...

Great progress on stitching and quilting!

Sorry you are having such a difficult time conceiving...will pray for you and your husband. Hugs...