Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oh What a Beautiful Day

It is the third beautiful day in a row in the Serial Starter household!  The "damn dog" remains with his owner and I'm still a happy girl.  I'm so happy that I didn't even balk when Hubby didn't come home from work on time last night.  He was almost two hours late, but he made another sale and that is what's important.

So on with the post from Sunday:

Even though things have been crazy with the damn dog, I'm still trying to get a little bit of stitching done.  Unfortunately for the dog Fortunately for me, I can stitch while the dog remains in the kennel.  After all, I can't have his slobber all over my precious Belle Soie, can I?

I finished this Crazy January Challenge piece way back on September 5th.  If I remember correctly, that was Labor Day weekend and Hubby was working all day while I spent my time with needle and thread.


This Heart of Mine by Ink Circles

I've also been trying to work on some exchange stitching.  I had originally stitched up this freebie from The Stitcherhood for my "Friends Stitching Through the Seasons" exchange for Faye.  Then one day I decided to look through her blog and I saw it in the background of one of her posts.  UGH!  Well, it was back to the drawing board for me!  I have managed to stitch something else up for her, which I can't show yet. I just need to find the time to finish it.  I'd better hurry, as I'm going to meet her in person in a few weeks and I'm going to give her the exchange then.
Autumn Freebie by The Stitcherhood
I guess this one is staying home with me now!

On Saturday I spent a lovely afternoon with my Stitching Sisters.  (**Waving madly** Hi Maggee!  Hi Darlene!  Hi Sheryl!)  Lately it has only been three of us instead of four of us because of an illness in the family.  We miss our fourth stitching sister, but the three of us understand and support the other sister however we can.

Anyway, while I was there I was able to finish up another one of my Crazy January Challenge pieces.
Winter Heart by La-D-Da
I absolutely love it!  I used Belle Soie's Attic Tea and it just popped on this fabric.  I'm not sure if I'm going to make this into a hanging heart or if I'm going to attempt to put in on the top of a heart shaped box.  Either way it will be fabulous.  I'm pretty sure that this will be one that I may even stitch again.


Well, time has run out for this morning.  I will try and continue my update again tomorrow morning.

Happy Stitches!





7 comments:

Gracie said...

Love the Ink Circles...and of course the rest....

Jules said...

Lovely pieces!

cucki said...

very lovely stitching xx

Peggy Lee said...

Your Ink Circles piece is beautiful. I love the thread color. I've always found Ink Circle designs a bit daunting but you did a wonderful job!

I'm so glad your days are brighter now.
*SMILES*

Catherine said...

Love your Ink Circles piece!
Glad things are better now!

Jeanne said...

Lovely pieces Jennifer - especially love the colors and you're right, the Attic Tea looks fantastic. That's one thing that's hard about exchanging - you don't know what the person already has. I'm sure whatever you stitch will be fabulous.

Blu said...

Lovely stitching! The Ink Circles is gorgeous.