Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, October 14, 2011

One Year Ago

One year ago today..........I was feeling very anxious.

One year ago today..........My parents came to give me support.

One year ago today..........My mother in law lent me her strength.

One year ago today..........My husband was by my side trying to make me laugh.

One year ago today..........I was put under anesthesia.

One year ago today..........It was finalized.  I lost you. 


Do you know that when you are having a miscarriage and you go in for a D&C that they still call it an abortion?  I read that on the paperwork that I had to sign and I cried.  It wasn't as if I had made that choice.

I'm still crying today.  I promise.......I won't forget you.



33 comments:

Gracie said...

ending {{{Hugs}}} to you.

Tracey said...

I am so sorry for your loss. And how horrible for you to have them put it that way- but we know it was NOT an abortion.. not how we think of them anyway. Praying for you today!

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss!! Hugs and prayers!!

Christina said...

What a beautiful commemorative stitch Jennifer. There's not a day goes by that I don't wonder how my lost little girl would have looked, sounded, laughed and I'm sure you feel the same about your little one. Sending lots of love your way. XXX

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

I wish it didn't have to be called that either. At least it is a spontaneous abortion rather than an induced abortion. I work in labor and delivery and it is so hard when people come in that have lost their babies. I only hope I can make the process as painless and easy for them as possible. I have also lost 2 babies early in the pregnancies so I understand how you feel. I hope you can find peace and I believe things happen for a reason, we just don't always know why.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

in Ontario they are referred to as Therapeutic Abortions and no matter what they are labeled you are still at a loss, with a loss and I will admit that after twenty four years I still have my little cry, the what if's and why me's, only to realize that there are no correct answers and everything happens for a reason.
Know that you and your family are in my thoughts.
Be always in stitches.

valerie said...

*hugs* to you on this difficult day.

Nancy said...

Jennifer, I suggest that you read 'Heaven is for Real'. This book will give you some comfort for your broken heart. Hugs...

Denise said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Mad about Craft said...

Medical terminology doesn't convey the human emotion.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

MoonBeam said...

I, too, am so sorry for your loss. Your post and stitched piece are both honorable and touching tributes to your lost child. Peace...

Bobbi

Wrought By LaDonna said...

I know I cried too when I looked on the board and in my case it was spontaneous.... I agree with Nancy read "Heaven is for real". It is a wonderful book and will give you a wonderful perspective. It has been nine years for me and I can always tell when the day is approaching and I always spend time remembering an wondering. Your stitched piece is absolutely beautiful. Hugs to you!

Birdie said...

((((((HUGS))))))) I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mouse said...

(((((HUGS)))) ....love mouse xxxx

stitchinpeanut said...

Sending Hugs and leaving prayers... this is SUCH a WONDERFUL piece... and what an awesome way to remember this precious little one! I have experienced 3 miscarriages Over 10 years ago... that involved DNC's and cry on the dates still today. I had not thought of this type of rememberence for them... How proud they would be to have a piece like this in my home! Thank you for this inspiration and idea... It is my hope today that you feel blessed and honored for being such a great mom to this little one!

CalamityJr said...

So sorry. Your memorial stitching is beautiful.

Cath said...

It's only a word ,and my words will not make you feel any better , but I am thinking of you and sending you love and hugs . XXX

Sherry :o) said...

My heart aches for you, Jennifer!! Know my hugs and prayers are flowing your way!!

Catherine said...

Thoughts, prayers and many hugs sent your way today...

cucki said...

sending you lots of hugs dear..love you cucki xxx

Peggy Lee said...

I'm so sorry Jennifer. Twenty-six years ago I lost my firstborn. He only lived 19 minutes but he's still in my heart.
Hugs sent your way this weekend.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

{{{Hugs}}}
This is a beautiful finish in memory - perfect framing!

Colours of the Outback said...

((hugs)) I know what your going through, I can't believe they call it that! I had to sign forms and I never saw anything like that on the ones I signed, but I am in Australia. Like it's not bad enough to go through the pain of losing a baby you want so badly, to call it that (I can't even type it)!
I cry everyday too

Debbie said...

Jennifer--like many of the others who have already posted I also lost babies....3 of them, then finally had our 26 year old son. The pain does fade with time, but you will always remember. I think your tribute piece is so beautiful. I also agree with reading something like "Heaven is for Real". There is real hope to see our loved ones in heaven.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I never knew that but I always considered it that way in my heart.

I always believed that if a miscarriage finished on it's own it was just that a miscarriage.

If I had to go for a D&C I always was heartbroken because I felt I failed my baby.

All this coming from someone who lost 4 babies.

I look forward to the day I enter heaven as I know that they will be right there to give me many hugs.

Joy said...

A whisper of an angel who will always be in your heart.

natalysneedle said...

Remembering your special angel with you. Hugs

Shelley said...

Thinking of you xx

Siobhán said...

Thinking of you, Jennifer. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Veronica said...

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} So sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

shyann_rayne said...

I am so sorry. I also went thru the loss of my lil one due to an ovarian ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery. I was two years ago on Sept. 27. I had been trying for two years to get pregnant, and have been unable thus far unable to concieve again. I am know feeling like I may be ready to stitch up a piece for that baby I will never get to hold in my arms here on earth. I thank you so much for sharing your story with me.---Julie

Patty C. said...

I am speechless
hugs,

ArchangelDecker said...

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I lost my only child almost 2 years ago this month, and you have both my empathy and my sympathy.


Many hugs and prayers to you..