I have a reason to be positive. On Tuesday I met the most amazing, wonderful doctor. I'll call her Dr. B. Dr. B is the specialist who is going to help Hubby and I with TQfM. We were able to set up a "plan of action" that will hopefully end up with a big fat positive. I know it may take more than one month, but all the planning, the pain and the money will be worth it no matter what happens.
Today is Day 1. Tomorrow I will make a special trip to the outpatient lab to give blood. Dr. B wants to test for certain hormones and the "age" of my eggs. Then, on Sunday I will begin popping pills. But, no Clomid for me this time. I'm taking Femara. That's right....Femara. Yes, I know, they give this drug to post menopausal women with breast cancer. But, apparently, it is now being used for infertility. (Isn't modern science amazing?) I'm hoping it does the job.
This plan also has me venturing out of my comfort zone. Next Friday I am going for an initial consultation with a licensed acupuncturist who specializes in infertility issues. Hubby's cousin pushed me over the edge. She went to see an acupuncturist as part of her fertility plan. (We are less than a year apart in age and this is a first marriage/first child situation for both of us.) I've seen acupuncture in action and I believe that it can be of help in many situations. However, I'm extremely afraid of needles that puncture my skin. Plus I never even considered acupuncture for my issues. I've only related it to relieving physical pain. Again, I'm going to keep positive about this as well. In fact, I'm actually looking forward to my appointment!
Speaking of needles, it has been hard for me to pick mine up since I finished the project that has yet to be revealed. Still, I try to get five to ten minutes of stitching in while I drink my coffee in the mornings. While it has been minimally affective for progress, it has been a wonderful way to keep the stress at bay. Hopefully I can devote Sunday to finishing and stitching!
Have a great weekend. Stay positive!!!
Happy Stitching!
14 comments:
Hugs.....and many prayers....
Take care Jennifer and keep being positive!! I've heard about acupuncture too and that it has worked in some cases. Don't think about the needles...start thinking of a song you know, movie, etc, and visualize it from beginning to end. It will help calm you.
Too bad about your cell phone but good news about the new doctor! I will continue to remember you in my prayers.
I have never tried acupuncture myself or known anyone who has. I am anxious to hear what you think.
Sorry your day stunk. My prayers are with you and this new treatment plan.
I received the traveling pattern today from Edgar and look forward to stitching it.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
These aren't shot needles - they are much different and you will be fine! My fingers and toes are crossed for you and your hubby! Keep us posted!
Glad to hear all your happy news. I have no plans for Sunday if you want to get out and stitch. Hope today goes better for you.
me so happy to hear the happy news dear..
sending you big beary hugs
cucki xx
oooo positive is good and glad that Dr B is sooo nice and don't panic with the needles .. I have them every 6 weeks for my pain levels ... just relax and you will be fine ok :)
hope you have a very good stitchy weekend :) love mouse xxxx
Happy to hear you found a doctor you like. I have had acupuncture in the past too and found it very helpful. I hope you day is better today. Yesterday I wished I had stayed under the covers too!
Enjoy your weekend... happy stitching!
And you every reason to be positive Jennifer! Good luck with the treatment. My friend has PCOS and had acupuncture when she was trying to conceive. She now has 2 healthy children. My best friend had been trying to conceive for over a year when she was recommended reflexology. She fell pregnant soon after starting treatment. She says that she has no idea if the reflexology was responsible for conceiving, but she thoroughly enjoyed the foot massages every week! ;0)
So good you are staying positive, that positive attitude is important! Praying for your dreams to become reality for you!
love the necklace!
Hugs and :0) to you!
Jennifer: I am 61 back in my day we did not have the wonderful Dr.s and healthcare we have today, I am so happy you are still trying, I will pray that this is the magic that does the trick for you and your husband.
Blessings
Catherine
Positive thoughts.
Post a Comment