Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cold Crumbs

Brr!  It's cold outside!  We have been treated to such a mild winter this year so when last night's cold front hit the Mid-Atlantic, we were in for a shock.  Our temperatures dropped 20 degrees in an instant, the winds started howling, and we experienced thunder and lighting.  That's right, we had Thundersnow!  Unbelievable!

This morning I woke up to this.....(remember, this is a lot of snow for us!)


Don't look too close, my windows are in horrible shape!  They aren't dirty, they are full of condensation.  I've been living here 14 years.....it is time for new windows.  Just another thing to keep me from buying more stash.

Of course, I didn't let a little snow or bad windows stop me from picking up a few crumbs on the way home from work last night.  I managed to snag these in less than five minutes, just before the quilt shop closed for the night.


That's right!  I've finally gotten my grubby little hands of some of this yummy Blueberry Crumb Cake fabric from Blackbird Designs.  I just adore those lovely ladies!  They make the most scrumptious fabric and patterns.  They have shown a sneak peak of their newest book that will be released at Nashville and I've already put my order in over at The Attic.

Even though I've been at work over 65 hours this week, I have managed a few stitches on The Counting House.  Here's my progress:


I'm hoping for a little down time on this cold Sunday.  I've got stitching to do!  Unfortunately, I hear the shower running, so I'm sure that means Hubby has other plans.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Happy stitches!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Great stitching and progress on the Counting House. Love the fabric you got.

Linda

Vickie said...

Take a little stitching time. You deserve it. 65 hours! Pretty,pretty fabric. :)

Anne said...

Oooh that's chilly! Our windows are the same...actually worse. Our landlord refuses to replace them so there's not much we can do but move! Love those fabbies you got! Lovely progress on the Counting House! Love those sheep!! Whew, 65 hours? You need a break!!

Penny said...

I love the Blueberry Crumb Cake fabrics - so pretty!
Yikes, 65 hours, but you have managed some lovely stitching. :)

Mouse said...

ooooo you got some snow :) and well done on the mad stash dash ... love those colours and you are making good progress on the counting house ... and I darn't ask what plans your DH had heheheh ... love mouse xxxxx

Peggy Lee said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous! Love those colors.
Your stitching is coming along nicely. The sheep are soooo cute!

Angie said...

I love those fabrics

Catherine said...

Now, those kind of crumbs I don't mind!