Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life In Pictures

*WARNING....PICTURE HEAVY*

I thought this would be the easiest way to tell you everything I've been up to lately.....Enjoy!

I've been birdwatching through the sliding glass door.....
The pole system was a birthday gift from Hubby and MIL.


I think this may be the same Cardinal that I found back in July.  You can still see his tufts of baby feathers!
 
I've been on vacation......
Wild Ponies in Corolla, NC

Shot of the ocean looking out from behind the dunes.
 
Hubby anxious to go 4 wheeling behind the dunes.
 
Area behind the dunes where we typically see the wild horses.

 

I decided to put my sewing machine into action and attempt a baby quilt for my new nephew who is due in December......
 
Six fat quarters for the Yellow Brick Road Quilt Pattern.  I'm using a combination of Puttin' on the Ritz by Bunny Hill Designs and Blueberry Crumbcake by Blackbird Designs

Block A (fabric locations vary)

Block B (fabric locations vary)

Block C (fabric locations vary) in progress
 
And, of course, I've been stitching......
Be thou the Rainbow by Blackbird Designs

Summer Needlebook by Blackbird Designs
 

I think I'm all caught up now!  Happy Stitches!

6 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Your vacation photos are wonderful - there's nothing like being by the water! Great stitching, too. You certainly have been busy!

Natasha said...

beautiful pictures I hope you had a relaxing vacation. I look forward to seeing your quilt. Love the color pallett so far

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures.
Your quilting fabric looks great too. So does your stitching. :)

Mouse said...

oooooo wish I could have joined you on vacation ... looked gorgeous :)
love the fabrics you have chosen for the wee one :)
and well done on the stitching front too :)
love mouse xxxxx

Patty C. said...

Love Summer Needlebook by Blackbird Designs .....:)

Sherry :o) said...

Nice pictures and fun quilting. I have done that pattern quite a few times. It's great to learn on and I started doing variations of my own for more scrappy quilts. Your stitching is beautiful, as always.