Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bah, Humbug!

I'm just not in the mood. Not in the Holiday mood or in the Stitching mood. I'm not real sure what it is all about. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means depressed, but I'm just not feeling that holiday spirit.

(I tired decorations.)

Our little 4ft tree sits proudly on the hearth covered in handmade Christmas ornaments and even some Hanukkah ornaments. It also has plenty of gifts piled underneath. Our mantle is filled with Hanukkah decorations and most of the Hanukkah gifts were passed out over the weekend while at my mother's house. (Dad's "holiday party" is this weekend so we only have one gift to get before Sunday.) There are still a few Christmas gifts to buy, but most of them will be purchased this upcoming weekend when we travel to a part of town that we rarely see.

But I still don't feel it........the holiday spirit.........

(I tried lights.)

I come home from work each night and the first thing I do is turn on the tree. I just love seeing all those little white lights. I love how they reflect off of the ornaments and send sparkles all over the room. I love seeing the piles of gifts under the tree.

But, I still don't feel it.........the holiday spirit........

(I tried food.)

We are having our Holiday party at work tomorrow. It will start off with a wonderful luncheon at a local seafood restaurant. Then we will have cake and "reindeer games" later on in the afternoon.

But, I still don't feel it...........the holiday spirit.......

Maybe it is the fact that the sun sets so early this time of year. Maybe it is the situation with our economic "crisis" or the war(s) overseas. Maybe it is the fact that I know too many friends/loved ones with financial problems, marital problems and health problems. Maybe that is what is bringing me down.

Please help me feel that holiday spirit!!!!!

Maybe I'll feel better after I get my stitching mojo back.......

4 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

It comes in spirts for me. Today, I definitely haven't felt the spirit. I had so many other Christmas things to stitch but I'm at a stopping point and switching back to some regular projects.
I will tuck away the Christmas stuff for next year now.
I think for all the above factors you mentioned it's harder on people this year. With my son in AFghanistan fighting at the border I'm just not feeling like it's really Christmas.


Jennifer

Daffycat said...

OK, thank goodness, I thought I was the only one feeling like this. ***hugs*** It is just one of those years, I think.

Sue said...

Be kind to yourself every day by taking the time to do something you enjoy. It doesn't have to cost money...it can be as simple as having a soak in the bath. Write a list of the good things in your life frim the tiny to the small. I hope these help!

Catherine said...

So many of us are feeling the pinch this year. I love Sue's ideas!
Simplicity has been the key for me this year.