Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

It Was Supposed To Get Better

I'd like to thank everyone for all of your suggestions and comments about my "blah attitude". I did take a little time for myself on Tuesday night and I spent some quality stitching time in my little corner of the couch.

By yesterday afternoon I was feeling a little bit better and a little more optimistic about the season in general. My grandfather had given us some money for Hanukkah and we earmarked it for a new table for our dining area (we don't have an eat in kitchen). We found the perfect size counter height table and chairs on Sunday, so last night I thought I'd take advantage of "The Biggest Furniture Sale of the Year" (they say that about every sale) at a major furniture store in town. As luck would have it, the price with tax was less than I had originally thought.....by about $40. We are going to pick it up this weekend. So, in a better mood I headed home.

Once I was home I sat down to watch the new accapella show that was on NBC. (I love that kind of stuff, it must be the high school bandie coming out in me.) I was about to settle into my stitching corner when Hubby called. He informed me that "something was going on at work" and he would call me back after they had a meeting. An hour later he called with the news that they are closing at the end of the month. UGH!!! Just when we were getting back on track with everything! I know I should be happy that he got the notice instead of showing up to work one morning/afternoon only to see a sign saying "CLOSED". So, yet again we are going to have to tighten our belts.......that means no new stitchy purchases for me after today.

Some good news is that I am supposed to be receiving some model stitching next week. I had planned on putting that money into savings so that I could attend the Shepherd's Bush retreat in 2010, but going to Utah again is beginning to look more like a dream than a reality. I'm still going to put that money into savings, but I'm going to hope and pray that Hubby finds something to tide us over so that I don't have to dig into the savings. Sheesh!

But, I'm still grateful.......after all, I do have a wonderful job and somehow, someway I know that we will be fine even though I'm in panic mode again.

I think I'll do a little more stitching tonight. I hope it will help......

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Thoughts and prayers your way! I know taking some time for myself each day to stitch helps relax me. Even if it's only a few minutes.

Daffycat said...

Oh Jennifer, that is horrible news. I hope your DH will be able to find a new job quickly! ***hugs***

Katrina said...

What a bummer, especially so close to Christmas. Glad you both has a week or two to start to make some decisions and plans. Lots of good thoughts and prayers your DH finds a job quickly.

Natasha said...

Bummer :( Like you said at least he got notice before the shut down keeping you both in my thoughts for a "happier" New Year.

Hopefully alittle stitching will mend your soul.
Take Care