Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, May 14, 2010

As Promised

I took some quick crappy snaps last night of all the stitching that I accomplished during my Arizona vacation.

I think that I mentioned that I finished Block 2 of Carriage House Samplings' SoHRH.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.  Especially after making the big decision to change the crab from that golden brown color to red.  For me, the red is just so much better.  I don't think that it stands out too much, do you?

My traveling piece was LHN's Needle and Thread since the fabric count was easy on the eyes.  With the exception of the french knots eyes and beak of the owl and the flesh tone for the girl in the bed, I finished this one before I even got back on the plane headed home.  The only reason I didn't finish is that I didn't want to buy a whole skein of thread for the flesh and for the eyes when I had scraps at home.  I think I should just add it to my finishes anyway, don't you?


I also started on the scissor fob for the LHN piece.  I decided to stick with the 32 count that I'm already using so that I didn't have to buy more fabric.  I don't mind stitching over one on 32 count, but I had to stop once the daylight faded on Sunday and I haven't had the time to pick it up since.  I guess I'll have to wait until I finish with model stitching to get this one done!  Here's where I left off on Sunday:


I don't know about you, but I plan on getting some "numb butt" time in this weekend!  All I have to do tonight is put away the clean laundry and then I can situate myself on the happy couch for some productive stitch time.

I hope you have a great weekend!  Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Real Live Woman said...

The crab is definitely better in red! I stitched a Pine Mt. summertime design a couple of years ago and the crab was charted as a hot pink color and I changed it to red right away.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching!

I have the LHN piece in my stash, with the pillow to attach it to...

I love the HRH pieces, but they are a bit big for me at the moment!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to change that little crab to red most definitely! Because everyone knows that a red crab is better than a brown one any day. :) Lovely finishes you have there. I'm hoping to numb my butt this weekend with some work on Christmas ornies. Have a good one!

Lainey said...

Lovely stitching, I;m hoping to get chill out and stitch today too.

Karen said...

Jen, it was great to meet you at the Attic! you do awesome stitching and fabulous shopping! :) I still have to stitch my scissor fob for the LHN pattern, i totally forgt about it. will have to dig it out and get it stitched so it is complete.