Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is it Saturday Yet?

Someone turned off my internal alarm clock today.  Either that or they stole it and replaced it with a cheap imitation! 

I vaguely remember hearing the first alarm (the radio) go off around 6am.  Typically, 20 minutes later the second alarm (the buzzing one) sounds and I'm up and out of bed.  However, this morning I awoke to Hubby shaking me and saying "Aren't you going to get up, it's 7:15."  I stared blankly at him and started to roll over while thinking to myself "So what!  If it is only 7:15 I can sleep for another 45 minutes.  After all, it is Satur..........OH CRAP, IT'S THURSDAY AND I HAVE TO GET TO WORK!"

I guess I'm going to have to drink a cup o'joe this morning!  Seriously folks.......Is is Saturday yet?

Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Amen! I am so ready for Saturday. Hang in there we are out of bed and at work so that is the biggest obstacle in my mind. One more day!

Deb said...

You made me laugh about this. I used to do that all the time. Probably because I was always so tired working that four days felt like five. Hope the cup of Joe got you going!

Missy said...

Thursday?? I thought is was Monday again. This week is like Groundhog Day the movie. LOL

hugs
-missy-

valerie said...

Ergh...I hate when that happens! Lately I've been waking up before the alarm because the sun is blinding me and I think I'm late. I am SO ready for Saturday! lol

Autumn said...

Happened to me this morning too! I woke up to the alarm thinking it was the first atlarm at 5:45, but I must have hit the snooze a few times in my sleep and it was 6:20. CRAP!! I flew out of bed at that point. Bad way to start the morning.

Daffycat said...

Oooo, that is so annoying!

I've been known to leap out of bed at 5 am on a Saturday, thinking I was late for work. Of course by the time I realise it's the weekend, I am already WIDE awake!

Meadows08 said...

Only one more work day to go...hang in there!!! And then you have a LONG WEEKEND next week! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Must be something in the air. It also happened to me. Woke up at 6:30 to the alarm and then the next thing I know it is 8:05 and I have to be at work clocked in no later than 8:00. Needless to say, I didn't make it.
Sorry to read of your misfortune but at least we weren't alone. Saturday's just around the corner for you.. for me, I'm on call this weekend at the hospital for the O.R. Heppie... not.

Melanie said...

Whoops!
I did this Monday morning..........thought for sure it was Saturday at first. lol

Peggy Lee said...

This has been a weird week for me too....I've been one day ahead of myself!
I follow your blog and appreciate so much how you share your stitchy life.
I have finally gathered the nerve to start a blog of my own. Would you do me the honor of checking it out and letting me know what you think? Any advice would be SO GREATLY appreciated as I am not so computer savvy.
Thanks so much!
Peggy Lee
http://kentucky sampler.blogspot.com

Parsley said...

Well, today is actually Saturday. LOL

Hope yours is going well and that you got to sleep in.

I love your summer list. Oh yes...summer fruit is part of the best in life.