Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Shopping Makes Me Feel Better

Thanks for all the "car condolences".  I really shouldn't feel bad about the little scratches on my car when I know there are others who's vehicle went missing.  (I won't say who for privacy reasons, but this person reads the blog from time to time........I sure do hope they find it intact and it isn't on its way to Mexico after all!)  It is just the inconvenience of it and the incompetency of the insurance company. 

Perfect example....they are supposed to come out to look at my car.  First of all, let me just say that I had to fight for that.  They wanted me to take time off from work and take it "their" shop for an estimate.  Needless to say, I nipped that right in the bud and I will be taking it back to the place I purchased it from.  Anyway, they were supposed to call me on my cell phone yesterday.  I waited patiently all day.  No call!  But, when I got home, I found a message that the adjuster left at 9am that morning.  Um.......hellooooooooo!!!!  Didn't I tell you that I worked?  Didn't I ask you to call me on my cell phone?  I called the adjuster back twice (once last night and once this morning) and didn't hear back.  I ended up calling the insurance company instead and they got in touch with the adjuster.  He's supposed to look at the car this afternoon.  With his track record of returning calls, I'm wondering if he will show up!

Anyway............

I left work a little early yesterday afternoon as I had planned and I made a stop at my favorite LQS.  There are a few in the area, but this one carries the Blackbird line.......and you know how I love BBD!  I ended up with a bunch of FQ's that are all Blackbird.

I also picked up something a little patriotic since I was in the mood.


I needed some fabric for a particular finish, and I was torn between these three.  I think I'm going to let Hubby make the final call on which fabric to use.


And, just because I liked these two, I picked them up as well. Come to think of it, the one on the right might be a BBD.  No wonder I liked it!


Amazingly enough, I also got in a little bit of stitching time last night.  Since I didn't have the urge to start anything new (yes, I'm feeling fine), I picked up my SoHRH and started Block 5.  Does that count as a new start?
That does it for lunchtime today!  Hopefully that adjuster will show up soon! *grumble, grumble*

Happy Stitching!


5 comments:

natalysneedle said...

What great fabric choices. Oh the possibilities!! Enjoy. I have yet to start SoHRH. I look at it from time to time but then get side tracked by shorter projects. What fabric are you stitching your on?

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

I love fabric...I mean I LOVE fabric. I'm addicted. I just got though making a runner with some I found in Boston and just going through my fabrics elevated my serotonin level a notch....LOL

Your fabbies you selected are beautiful.

Melanie said...

Great fabric!!! I wish I had *a* fabric store in the area, never mind a cool one that sold Blackbird Designs fabric. A girl can dream though, right? lol

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

I drooled all over my keyboard when I saw your BBD fabric ~ guh!! Love love love it! And your other fabric choices were gorgeous, too! What is it about beautiful fabric that makes you want to acquire it and then just look at it and pet it?

Sherry :o) said...

really love the fabrics!! sorry about your car - what a bummer! The flower frog is a good find - been looking for one myself lately...