Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More Kindness and Vacation Day 1

While I was reading earlier this morning I came across a few passages that I thought I would share in light of all the RAK's.  It read "Kindness is the mightiest force in the world......."(*).  Then I also found this, it reads "It is by continuing to give of ourselves that we continue to receive.  In helping others, we continue to enrich our own lives." (*)

That explains this package that arrived in yesterday's mail:


A BBD's pattern that was on my wishlist!  Remember when I said "Don't Count Out Lurkers" and I mentioned that I found a home for the stitched Bach piece that I purchased at an Estate Sale?  Well, the piece arrived safe and sound.  It has been lovingly reframed and it has a special place on a special wall in its new home.  As a thank you, my "lurker" sent me America the Beautiful.  Oh, I love it so!  Thank you so much!  This is just a reinforcement of everything that I have been working so hard for in the past six months!** 

In other happy news, I thought I'd share about my vacation.  Day One we got up early and headed to the OBX (Outer Banks, NC for those of you who have never heard the term "OBX" before).  We were there well before noon so there was lots of daylight left to burn. Hubby decided he needed "alone time" and went to play a round of golf.  That ment that MIL and I went shopping.  I love visiting all the little shops in Duck. (Yup, Duck is the name of the town!)  My favortie shops have artsy things and handmade jewelry that you just don't find at home.  I didn't buy anything for myself that day, but I did find a Hanukkah gift for my mom and step-dad.....handmade, of course.  (I love it when I can get ahead of the game!)  After a fun afternoon of shopping, I was able to sit down and put a needle into my new start, Seaside Memories by The Sampler Girl while watching some fireworks out of the sliding glass doors in the great room.  See, I told you I was going to have a 4th of July start!  And with fireworks to boot!

Day Two tomorrow!  That is if I can remember to grab the memory card out of my good camera!

Happy Stitching!



(*) Both quotes were found in ODAAT.
(**) I've been dealing with much more than I let on in my blog, but one day I will let the words flow in hopes that I can give hope and help to others who may find themselves in similar situations.

7 comments:

Karen said...

How nice! I love that design! Can't wait to see the progress on your WIP.

Cole said...

What a great gift!

Maggee said...

what a nice chart! Stitchers ARE the nicest people!

Tracey said...

Lovely gift! How sweet! And thanks for the heads up about Duck- I have never been there- maybe we will check it out next time we're out that way! It's not far! :)

Patty C. said...

I'm so glad you got your BBD chart :)

Deb said...

That's a great chart. I have to agree that stitchers are the greatest people. And hope you have fun on your vacation. We were going to go to the Outer Banks this year, but had a change in plans. Maybe next year.

K-G Knitter said...

What a great chart! Isn't Duck the best? My family is from NC, so we went to OBX every year, either Duck or Corolla, depending on where we could get a rental. :)