Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, August 9, 2010

A RAK and a Birthday Giveaway

I know, I know, two posts in one day!  What can I say?  I'm hoping that this will be a good week!

Remember Friday's post?  Well, here is the finished project.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself!  Hubby even got into the act with this one and he picked out the button.  I don't know about you, but I think he did a great job. 
'Tis Green by La-D-Da
2010 JCS Ornament Preview
Stitched on 28ct Solo by Silkweaver
Limited Edition Belle Soie by Crescent Colours

This little pillow was put in the mail this morning, so I hope it goes by "pony express" instead of "snail mail" if you know what I mean.  I hope that my RAK recipient enjoys it.

Now, onto other business..........  While I was Estate Sale shopping this weekend, I picked up not one, but two self contained glass flower frogs.  So, in celebration of my birthday this Thursday, I'm giving you the gift! (You can also check out another photo of this frog on the earlier post.)


Here are your rules:
  1. Make a comment on this post only if you wish to participate. 
  2. For a second entry, let others know about my giveaway.  You may either blog about it or post it somewhere on your blog.  You must comment a second time telling me that you have done this in order to get the second entry.
  3. For a third entry, in a separate comment, tell me about your most cherished birthday gift.  You must comment a separate time in order to get this entry.
Unfortunately, due to the high cost of postage, I can only award this prize to an address in the U.S..  However, if you live outside the U.S. and you would still like to participate, I will send you an alternate stitched surprise if your name is drawn.  This way everyone still has a chance to win!

The contest ends at Midnight EST on Friday, August 13th.  I will draw the winner over the weekend and announce it on Monday, August 16th.

Good luck!  Happy Un-Birthday to all of you!

Happy Stitching!

44 comments:

Catherine said...

What a lovely RAK! Great fall colors and such a fun button.

I'd love to have a chance at your give away. Thanks!

Catherine said...

I'd have to say that my most cherished birthday present is anything that my boys have made by themselves. I'll keep those things forever.

Parsley said...

Happy Birthday! I'd love to be entered.

Parsley said...

My most cherished gift? Maybe the kissing Chihuahua salt and pepper shakers. I just love them.

Parsley said...

I'll put this on my side bar for another entry.

stormybrew57 said...

Happy Birthday ! Bloggers are such thoughtful people! I would love to own a flower frog for my scissors. Thank You, Beth N. (Stormybrew57@aol.com)

Anonymous said...

What a great giveaway. Happy Birthday. My favorite birthday gift was this year when my 4 year old grandson invited me to my "surprise" birthday party at red robin and the card he so proudly gave me. Thanks for the chance. Pat Matejcek
p.matejcek@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I don't have a flower frog, but I've always wanted one, so count me in! Happy birthday!

Deborah said...

Beautiful pincushion! Happy Birthday fellow Leo. My birthday is this coming Friday! Please enter me in your giveaway.

Deborah said...

I will beposting this afternoon and will mention your giveaway.

Deborah said...

One of my most cherished gifts was from my DH. When we were first married he gave a charm bracelet. It grew and grew as the years went on. About 10 years into our marriage it was stolen. On my 50th birthday he gave me another charm bracelet with about 8 charms on it. Sadly, it was the last gift he gave me before he he passed away.

Patty C. said...

OOOO - I need a "Self Contained" flower frog - it's wonderful

Please include me in the draw

(By the way - your BBD Exchange work was lovely - I went and bought the Honeysuckle Manor book after I saw it - gorgeous :)

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful frogs! I especially like the one made of vaseline glass. I won't enter your giveaway though because I just gave one of these away for my own birthday celebration on my blog!
Good luck to everyone!
Your husband did a fine job choosing the button for your pin pillow. I would love to receive something that gorgeous! Isn't August a grand month to be born?

Patty C. said...

One of my most cherished gifts was a bird house one of my sons made for me - all by himself - it was uneven - made of scraps - and completely beautiful !!

natalysneedle said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer! Please include me in your giveaway!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday Week!

Yes, your hubby did an excellent job picking the button!!! Kudos to him...

Thank you for the opportunity to enter your giveaway!!

Hazel said...

I am outside the US in the UK but I'd still love a chance to win something. Happy Birthday to you!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your husband did a great job picking out the button! I'd love to be entered into your generous giveaway!

Jackie's Stitches said...

We didn't eat out much when I was a child. Birthday's were always a big deal because we ate out AND we got to pick where we ate. I always picked Shakey's Pizza. I loved that place!

Sherry :o) said...

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday again! I will post your giveaway on my blog, but don't include my name since you have already started my collection with a RAK earlier this summer - love your La-D-Da pin pillow - drat, now I have to pick up that magazine and see what fabric and fiber will suit my fancy with this one!

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday!
I love the flower frog but I live in Singapore. Still, love a chance to own something stitched by you. Your pincushion is lovely!

Hugs,

Kttycat said...

First off Happy Birthday! I'd love to be entered into your drawing. I don't have a flower frog and have always admired all the ones I see on other peoples blogs. Thanks for being so generous.

Kttycat said...

I have posted on my blog.

Kttycat said...

As for my most cherished birthday gift, I had to think really hard. Something always goes wrong on my birthday. I can't remember when I actually had a great birthday. But I guess i'd have to say my most cherished gift was my bf moving in with me a few days before my birthday. Thanks again for being so generous!

Pike said...

I think I just might have enough scissors for a frog like that, but please enter me - can't wait to have something you stitched.

Pirjo from Finland

Happy birthday!

Sheila said...

I would love a chance at your give away.
Thanks

Sheila said...

I also posted to my blog about your giveaway.
Happy Birthday

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday--
and love a chance at your give away!! :)

barbara r-g said...

of course i would love to win. and i will post again as soon as i mention it on my blog. here's to good luck for me i hope i hope...

barbara r-g said...

my favorite birthday gift was actually not the gift. one year when the kids were little my hubby and them hid all my gifts through out the house and each gift related somehow to the next. so i had to do a little scavenger/quiz hunt to find them. it was such fun with the kids close by helping. i will always remember that birthday. i think i was into duck then so i recieved a duck shower curtian and then the game was one. thanks for helping me remember that great birthday memory.laughter and smiles filled the house!

Berit said...

I'm perishing with curiosity--does that wonderful Belle Soie LE have a name?

Beautiful work!

(I'll sit out the drawing as flower frogs don't make my heart go pitter-pat they way they do for some others. ;)

Blu said...

International here, but I'd love the chance to win something.

Your pincushion is very cute!

Blu said...

I think the best birthday present I've gotten is when my parents decided that I was old enough to go out and party with my friends. I felt so grown up.

Julie said...

I'd love a chance to win! My favorite birthday gift was received this year, my husband picked out an aquamarine (my birthstone) stone and the setting and had a necklace made for me.

Thanks for the chance!
Julie

Jan said...

Would love a chance at your nice giveaway, Jennifer! Your pillow RAK is so pretty!!

As for birthday presents, I would have to say, for my 60th...I got to spend the day with my only granddaughter, that was the best gift I could possibly have had!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you! I love those flower frogs, awesome, would love to win!
Barb

Dogmom Diva said...

Jennifer, probably my favorite birthday gift was when I had just started dating my now of 33 years husband, and he had the prettiest flowers sent to me at work. it was the first time anyone had given me flowers..It was not the last of the flowers, either!

Barb

Anonymous said...

Have a most wonderful Birthday and thank you for sharing it with us through your generosity.
I agree with you, your husband did a wonderful job at picking out the button.

Anonymous said...

Since I am finding this to late to share with others for a second post, I will share with you my most treasured birthday gift.
Instead of reaching 16 and never being kissed, on my 16th birthday my family surprised me with a the presention of a beautiful little kitten that I named Mattan. In Biblical book of names that my father had it ment Gift. I loved Mattan for many years and have many good memories of him.

Lesley said...

Please include me in your lovely giveaway

Lesley said...

My most cherished birthday gift was a kitten from the rescue home. I adored her.

Elsina said...

What a gorgeous pillow! I live outside the USA too, so not entering for the lovely frog, but wanted to comment that your piilow is gorgeous.
Happy birthday to you!

Marcy said...

Beautiful finish -- I love the button, it's perfect.

Happy Birthday! a couple days late.

CalamityJr said...

What a generous gist - and maybe if I had a frog I'd get better scissors! Please count me in!