Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, October 25, 2010

An Outpouring of Love

Thank you all for your loving comments and emails.  Friends and blogging buddies really are the best!  I have tried my hardest to respond to all of your comments, private e-mails and messages, even if it is just to say thank you.  If I haven't responded to you personally yet, please don't despair as I am trying to catch up.  I was overwhelmed at all the thoughtfulness and love that has been poured into my empty cup.

I even received a lovely private Facebook message from a friend who I lost touch with due to a past disagreement .  It was wonderful to hear from her and it really touched my heart.  I do hope that we can let bygones be bygones.

Another dear, sweet, kind friend (and Saturday stitching buddy) also had me on her heart.  Recently, on impulse, she picked up a Willow Tree figurine.  She didn't know who it would be for, but she brought it home with her anyway.  Turns out that God was tugging those heart strings and she sent me home with this on Saturday evening.......


a tree, a prayer
from http://www.willowtree.info/
 ....and it now resides next to my other Willow Tree figurines, "Remembrance" (for my lost angel) and "Promise" in a place of honor in the entry way.

I've really been stitching away on my memory/memorial sampler.  So far I've changed two of the colors that I had originally picked for the piece.  All the frogging due to the color changing was a trial, but I think I may be past all of that now.  I'm almost past the halfway mark on this piece and I hope to get some good stitching time in after work this week.  Originally, I had decided that I wasn't going to stitch on anything until this piece was done, but I have since changed my mind.  You see, I've been enjoying some great stitching time with my friends recently and when I'm with them I've been stitching on some models for Crescent Colours (I'm getting towards the end of those months Sharon!  I promise!).  I decided to save the memory/memorial sampler for when I'm alone at home.  I've decided that this sampler is very personal and I'm not going to show it until it is completely finished.  I also think I'm going to attempt to frame this one by myself instead of sending it to the lovely lady who does most of my frame work.  I think that this project really needs to be a "me, myself and I" project, from the color changes all the way to the framing process.

Again, I just want to thank all of you who have commented and emailed.  I especially want to thank those of you who have shared your stories with me.  This is a hard thing to deal with, but all of your stories have been an inspiration to me and I'm looking forward to the future.  Hopefully the doctor will have a good report for us on Friday as Hubby and I would really like to take the chance once again.

Hugs to all!  Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Myra said...

What a sweet gesture from your friend - that figurine is very pretty. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

One thing that helped me to heal was telling friends about the loss. It was somehow very comforting that other people knew my babies had existed. Our fifth loss was private, the first after I had my two children, and we didn't want to upset them if we lost it, so we didn't say a word about the pregnancy to anyone. When the baby didn't make it, it almost felt like she hadn't existed because nobody knew about her but my husband and me. I know that maybe sounds crazy. I had to grieve alone and in private, and it was horrible.

We are asked by God to bear one another's burdens that they may be light. Call me anytime if you need to talk. xo

Catherine said...

What a sweet thing for your friend to do.

Continued thoughts and prayers your way.

Margaret said...

I'll be thinking of you and your husband on Friday, rooting for green light for you to try again. Hang in there!

Sylvia said...

Although I am very new to your blog, and I have never commented, I feel very sad for your loss. When you read the statistics about how many pregnancies end in miscarriages, it does not convey the grief and loss that these unlived lives represent. I have four healthy, beautiful children, but to this day I still think of that little life that was lost so early. I wonder about that child, although I look at my youngest daughter and feel so blessed that she is here. She is such a special girl, and I got pregnant with her 6 weeks after miscarrying at 7 weeks. Yes, it is hard and so sad, but there are blessings waiting for you.

Kathy said...

Prayers continue for you and your DH. I will say an extra that your doctor appt Friday brings good news. I look forward to the day that you completely finish your memorial. I am sure it will always bring you both joy and sorrow. In the accomplishment and the loss.

Take care and good luck Friday.

Karyn said...

Oh sweetie, I have been out of the bloggy loop, big mistake.

I am sending you many hugs and kisses and I want to let you know that as a rather private person myself I thank you for opening up and letting your friends know of your loss.

I wanted to share with you that after Pa and I suffered a couple of heart breaking pregnancy "trials" we became the proud parents of our two beautiful boys who are now grown men, and I think that if I hadn't been forced by nature to wait for them, then I wouldn't have these exact guys (I hope that made sense like I wanted it to :))..have heart and faith, and know that we all love you and care, and your perfect time will come.

I will thinking about you Friday, with fingers crossed.

Hugs
Ma TK