Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Tons of Goodies and a Market Giveaway

I promised pictures of the goodies that I was lucky enough to pick up while I was at market.  While this is not everything, most of it made it into this picture.  (Sorry if it is a little dark, we've had rain for the last four days and also got caught in the Tropical Storm Nicole remnants so my lighting is less than desirable.)

Not pictured are some additional charts from Raise the Roof, Miss Crescent's Crowne and Sam Sarah as well as a Jenny Bean T-Shirt from Shakespeare's Peddler.  I also came home with some Crescent Colors Cottons and Belle Soie.  YUMMY!!!  (Thank you dearest Sharon!!!!  Kisses!!!!)

Lately, I've really been into Lakeside Linen and I've got quite the stash to prove it.  However, I've seen many of you using linen from Picture This Plus.  So, since I was unlucky lucky enough to have them just down the hall, I took a quick peek.  After seeing all of the delicious colors I knew I had to give it a try.  I was good and I came home with only one stitcher's half.  I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but it is a lovely shade of lilac in 36ct..... (I know, it looks a little grey in this picture, but the color in the picture above shows up a little better.)


This is one of my favorite pieces from the show..........

It is a birth sampler from Chessie & Me.  After I read the saying I knew I had to have it.  It says "When you were born, you cry and the World Rejoices"  "May you live in such a manner that when you leave this earth, the World cries and You Rejoice".  Quite lovely, don't you think?  I thought it was a perfect sampler to add to the stash so that I'll have it on hand when the time is right.

Speaking of the time being right, I think that it is time for another giveaway.  I picked up a couple of goodies from market just for you.......my dear blogging buddies.  It will be a surprise as to what it is, but I will say that I did buy duplicates because I had to have it for my stash as well.  I'm also going to include a few bits of fabric and a chart or two from my personal stash since I had to make room for my new goodies.  (Hubby's orders!)

So, if you would like to join in on the giveaway, please comment on this post only.  To earn a second chance in the giveaway, feel free to post about my giveaway somewhere on your blog.  Please be aware that you must comment a second time to get this second chance since I usually use a random number generator to pick my winner.  Followers only please, as I would love to reward those who faithfully read my blog.

This giveaway will end at Midnight (EST) on October 10th and I will draw the winner on Monday, October 11th.  Good luck to everyone! 

Happy Stitching!

121 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy! Market goodies!! Count me in!

Anonymous said...

Put you in the giveaway section on my sidebar. :)

Michele said...

What great stash you purchased! I love PTP fabric a lot too, haven't bought tons of it, but I have enjoyed every piece I've had :)

What a sweet and tender saying on that birth sampler .. words to live by!

And yes please sign me up for your generous giveaway.

Michele said...

oh my .. I'm always torn about telling other bloggers about giveaways, I want to win after all :) lol but I am advertising it on my blog :)

katiem said...

I'm not sure if I'm a 'follower' or not, but I do read faithfully in my Reader. I would love to be a part of this generous giveaway!

It looks like you had a wonderful time at market.

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the birth sampler you chose. And I can't wait to get my hands on the Theresa Layman lighthouse chart. Enter me in the drawing, please.

Catherine said...

Great goodies - and of course I'd love a to be entered in your drawing!

Mama Joan said...

Nice finds. Throw me into the drawing.

Lainey said...

Wonderful new stash, just love the lilac fabric!
I would love to be entered in your give-away.

Parsley said...

WHOO HOO!! Girl, those are nice finds! I'd love to be entered! I'm a happy follower and would even without the giveaway but WHOO HOO!

Lainey said...

I will mention your give-away on my blog when I post at the week-end.

Christina said...

Wow, what amazing stash. My favourite is 'Joy to Ewe'. I can't see who the designer is, but it looks an enjoyable stitch!

What a lovely verse on the 'Chessie and Me' birth sampler, it really made me think, I had to read it a couple of times.

I'd love to be included in your giveaway.

Melanie said...

Oooooooo, stash!! *pets*

Count me in for the giveaway, please. You da best! :)

DianeM said...

Ooooo...I love all the goodies you picked up! Please enter me for a chance to win your give-away. Good Luck to All! Thanks :)
Smiles, DianeM

Blu said...

What a great haul!
Not sure if I count as a regular, but if I do, please add me to the pot!

Hazel said...

Oooh I would love to join in the fun. You bought some wonderful goodies. Please add me to the hat. x

Bronzemom said...

I'm a follower and would love to enter your giveaway!
Thank you!
Terri aka bronzemom
bronzemom AT gmail DOT com

Deb said...

Oh, market goodies. I'd love to be entered since I told myself I couldn't buy a darned thing from market. I don't know what I was thinking when I told myself that, but I'm going to try. Love all the stash you picked up.

Nancy said...

Great stash additions...Please enter me in your give away, I'd love to win something from market!!

Maggee said...

OF COURSE I want to enter your giveaway! I will post about it on my blog a bit later, and re-comment... Love all the new stash! Hugs!

Natasha said...

Wow you got some really wonderful charts from Market. I really LOVE that birth sampler. What a perfect way to celebrate the life of a little one and it carries on into ther adult life. Please add me to the drawing, I love surprises.
Thank you

lynda said...

What fun Market must have been! Please add my name to your giveaway. Thanks so much!

lynda said...

Another post to let you know that I have added your giveaway to my blog sidebar. Thanks!

Karen said...

what great goodies you got at Market! I would love to enter the giveaway. love the birth sampler!

Myra said...

Gorgeous stash! I just love seeing what others are adding to their treasure chest. :o) I would love to be entered in your drawing. I have been reading a lot about the PTP and Lakeside linens too but don't own any. They sure look lovely on my monitor. :o)

Berit said...

Wow; what an awesome haul! :o

And so generous to bring some to share; please include me too, Jennifer! :D

I've only tried 1 ptp, and didn't like it, BUT I want to try again and in a smaller count (dealing with them was really nice). I think some of their "Relic" might be next. ;)

Also, I've yet to try any lakeside as no one around me sells it, but I keep getting curious. Some of them like Autumn Gold (?) and Buttercream sound wonderful. Seems like they have "vintage" versions of many colors. :)

Daisy said...

Hi Jennifer,
great purchases. Please add my name to your drawing.

Greetings

Daisy said...

I'll post the drawing on the sidebar of my blog,
Thanks for the opportunity in your drawing.


http://manualidadesdaisy.blogspot.com/

imnverted said...

Oh, Market fun! Please include me in the drawing. Ive been trying to get my want list down to a manageable order but its hard :)

CalamityJr said...

What a special birth sampler - now who do I know that is expecting??? And, oh, how fun - a surprise giveaway that I know will be fantastic! Please include me.

laurawilson25 said...

I just found you through another blog, but I'm adding you to my Reader!

DaisyGirl said...

Please add me! I never win, but what the heck!
Thanks!
DaisyGirl

Unknown said...

Wonderful stash acqusition. It must have been wonderful browsing through all the lovely designs, threads and fabrics and "rubbing elbows" with so many stitchers and designers in one place.

Please include me in your giveaway.

Thanks!

Unknown said...

I have posted your giveaway on my blog for a second entry. Thanks again!

Patty C. said...

I would love to be included !!!!
Lovely stash you are offering
Take Care

Patty C. said...

Your giveaway will be included in my sidebar
Take Care :)

Deborah said...

Wonderful stash! Please enter me in the drawing.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous stash! Wish I could be there at the Market myself. Sure would love to win some market goodies, please include me in your giveaway.

Hugs,

Virpi said...

Lovely stash. Could you count me in please. I hope you accept foreign participants.

Virpi said...

I did advert your giveaway in my blog too.

Natasha said...

I posted about this on my blog :)

valerie said...

Wonderful stash haul! How fun to be able to help out at market! That lilac fabric is beautiful. I have yet to try PTP. I'd love to be entered in your drawing. Thanks for the chance!

Pike said...

I'd love to get some - please count me in!

Pirjo from Finland
pirjo.kallioniemi(at)yahoo.com

Pike said...

Mentioned your giveaway in my sidebar!

pirjoka.blogspot.com

Megan Chamberlain said...

I am now officially a follower, I was a bit of a stalker before. Love all the new stash that you got, it must be amazing to go to the markets. I can only shop online but maybe one day that will change.

Theresa said...

Wow!!!! Such an awesome give away!!! Thank your for the opportunity!!

Theresa said...

I've added a link on my blog and will mention it in my next post. Thanks again!!

Juels said...

I purchased some PTP fabric for a project about 6 months ago. I liked it so much that I purchased more for a few other projects! Hope you like it!

Your stash from market is wonderful ;) Enjoy!

Carol B said...

Thanks for the opportunity to share your goodies!

Lesley said...

I've fallen in love with that birth sampler. I've just become a great grandma, and I'd love to stich something similar for little Zane

Sherry said...

I love all your market goodies and would love to be entered in your giveaway!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I've just discovered you! It was so great to read about market and see all your lovely new stash! I hope things settle down for you at home and your FIL recovers nicely. And you get your own dog back! I bet you miss him. :( Thank you for the giveaway!

natalysneedle said...

I would love to be entered in your giveaway. It looks like you got some lovely stash at market. Oh How I would love to attend market.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, lovely blog you have, and some great stitching you have done
lovely stash, and i love the fabric, please add me into your draw, sometimes we all need some new stash to cheer us up :)

Simona said...

Wow, what a stash!!!
It's my first try to win a giveaway, hope to be lucky ;)
have a nice day ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great stash from market, can't wait to see what you stitch on your lavendar linen.
I really like the Chessie and Me chart. I love her designs. Please enter me in your drawing.

Kim Reid said...

I'd love a chance - please enter me!!
Thanks :)
kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

carolm said...

Your stash is great. Would love to be part of your drawing...Carol M

Anonymous said...

oooh...stash lust! What a great giveaway! Thank you for this offer!

LyndaB
lfeb@ma.rr.com

Hillery said...

Oh, Jennifer, you are so generous. Please enter me in your blog.
Thanks so much.

Hillery said...

I am posting your giveaway on my blog as well.
Thanks.

PegC said...

I just found you, am now a follower and will post on my blog Little Bird! Reading through your market stash I learned some new fabric sources--thanks!

Unknown said...

Goodness, I really wish I was near where they have the annual market each year!

Please include me in your drawing.

Lisa V said...

What a wonderful generous giveaway, pls include me in your draw.
LISA V

Lisa V said...

I have posted on my blog about your giveaway.
LISA V

Denise said...

Count me in please. I just went shopping today and got some market goodies!

Thanks - Denise

Unknown said...

Hi I would love a chance to win your lovely giveaway. Ellen (stitch@cohen.com)

Sherry :o) said...

I will put this on my blog - enter me please!!

Sherry :o) said...

How much fun you had - and what great stash acquirements you made! I would love to be entered (again) in your drawing and I am a faithful follower!!

You'll have to fill me in on what this random generator is, as giveaway has been in the back of my mind and I've collected a couple things to give away.

Anonymous said...

Everbody needs more stash! Please enter me your great giveaway.

Robin said...

Sounds like a great time at market. Please count me in your give-a-way and stash sharing.
red1974@hotmail.com

Veronica said...

Count me in please. Thank you so much!

El jardín de mis Rosas said...

I would like to participate in your drawing.
Thanks for the chance.

El jardín de mis Rosas said...

Your giveaway will be included in my sidebar

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be in your giveaway - and thanks for including the saying on the Chessie & Me birth sampler. Now that I know what it says, I'll have to buy it!

Justflo said...

Wish I could find markets like that near where I live. Lucky you. Count me in for give-a-way- please.

Sandra said...

Lovely blog, I am new to it but love your handwork.
Please include me in your giveaway.

Happy stitching!

Lelia said...

Wonderful giveaway - thx for the chance at market stash : )

Peggy Lee said...

Oh...a giveaway you say? Count me in!
Isn't stash enhancing such a wonderful mood lifter? Looks like you had a great time.
I will put a note on my sidebar about your giveaway and I AM a follower.

Thanks!

Peggy Lee said...

Oh...a giveaway you say? Count me in!
Isn't stash enhancing such a wonderful mood lifter? Looks like you had a great time.
I will put a note on my sidebar about your giveaway and I AM a follower.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Nice haul! Count me on in your giveaway!

Missy said...

Very generous of you to think of us while you were at Market. Please add my name to your contest. Can't wait ti see what the winner wins. I would be thrilled with a new needle....yep I'm that easy!! lol lol

-missy- in ohio

the striped rose said...

Count me in - it sounds like fun!

Kathy said...

Awesome giveaway! Please include me in the drawing.

Kathy
katkiley @ aol.com

PS. I'm having a giveaway too. :) Must be the season.

Bonnie said...

I read your blog everyday, not sure if I am a follower.
I would love to be entered in your drawing.
BTW I love your blog name.

"pappi puikoissa" said...

Count me in, please!

"pappi puikoissa" said...

And I'll put this to the sidebar of my blog, too - giveaway looks good!

Vinniey said...

Hi Jennifer, glad to discover your beautiful blog via Patty's blog link. What an awesome giveaway! I would like to enter into the draw. Please count me in. :)

Vinniey said...

I wish to share this wonderful giveaway to my readers and I've put a link on my sidebar. :)

Carin said...

Jump, jump, jump... please count me in. What a great give away !! I become a follower but I read your blog alreay through my google reader !

Carin said...

And I have put this giveaway in my sidebar of my blog.

PS I also have a give away :-)

Anonymous said...

added a link to your giveaway on my blog

Anonymous said...

I would love to be entered into your giveaway! I read your blog whenever my reader updates.

Suzanne
www.crossstitchersuzanne.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Posting this giveaway on my blog!

Suzanne
www.crossstitchersuzanne.blogspot.com

Clara said...

I'm already a follower and I'll be happy to enter your giveaway. Enjoy your stitches, Clara.

Clara said...

Back again to tell you that your giveaway is on the right sidebar in my blog cannellaemele.blogspot.com.
See you, Clara.

igea said...

Great giveaway!
I follow you as "wolfsrain"
Thanl
igea777@gmail.com

wolfsrain said...

I have posted your giveaway on my blog for a second entry
here:http://candy19candy.blogspot.com/
thank
igea777@gmail.com

Sofei Wang said...

I am truly touched by the saying of the Birth Sampler. Thanks for your sharing.

I am a follower and I would love to enter your giveaway. Thank you.

craftygal43 said...

Thank you for hosting such a beautiful giveaway and sharing such awesome stash from market. I would like to be entered please.
DebbieM
craftygal43@yahoo.com

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'd love to be entered into your generous giveaway!

It sounds like you had a great time; you certainly got some serious stash. I'm currently working with PTP fabric and I really like it.

Anonymous said...

I'm envious of your stash! Looks like you have a great time. :)

LyndaB
lfeb@ma.rr.com

Carol said...

Oh, your market goodies are wonderful, Jennifer--especially admire the Quaker Diamonds and Love Spoken Here charts!

I'd love to be included in your giveaway--thanks so much. And, as a matter of fact, I'm having a giveaway on my blog--come join the fun :)

Melissa said...

What awesome stash! I would love to be included in your giveaway.

Kat said...

I'd love to be included! Thanks so much!

~Kat

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness what a generous giveaway. I would love to be included thank you. Regards Michelle x

Nancy Sue said...

I am a follower. I LOVE the saying the on the birth sampler! Looks like you had fun at Market. Thank you for your generous giveaway!
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

Corina said...

What a wonderful things, please enter me in.

Unknown said...

Such great findings! Count me in to your giveaway.
Niina
niina_niskanen@hotmail.com
http://pumpuliinapistelee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

woohoo...count me in too for new goodies :-)
thanks!
Robin
www.robinpich.blogspot.com

Paula D said...

thanks for the give away1 Envy you to pieces - wish I could go to market...maybe one day!

Miss Yaya said...

Count me in for the giveaway, please

Miss Yaya said...

I'm a follower

I'll post the drawing on the sidebar of my blog,

Denise said...

I posted earlier but never got back to say your give away is on my side bar.

Smiles - Denise

Stitchinowl said...

It sounds like you had a fun time at market. Isn't it great to bring all that new stash back? The birth sampler is so pretty. I would love to be included in your surprise giveaway. I became a follower last week and have been enjoying reading your blog.
Carolyn
rcscg at aol dot com

Dani - tkdchick said...

I just wanted to comment and say what a great stash haul!

Nina said...

Dear Jennifer,

Please count me in!
I'm your new reader, I have just found your blog through Carin's.
Kind regards,
Nina

Nina said...

I am your follower too.

Nina said...

I have posted this giveaway on my blog.
Thank you!

Kozi said...

OOOps, I've almost missed this beautiful giveaway.
Please count me in! I'm a new follower!
Kozi
www.kozi-keresztszemes.blogspot.com

Kozi said...

I'll also post your giveaway on my blog.
Thanks for the chance!
Kozi
www.kozi-keresztszemes.blogspot.com