Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Beginnings and the Challenge Starts

Welcome to 2011!!!!

I've been a very busy beaver the first few days of this wonderful new year.  I just hope that the rest of 2011 is as good as these first few days have been.  I think Hubby said it best with his first Facebook post of the new year.
Lessons were learned , memories were made, and I became a stronger more loving person all in 2010. Now it's my season, 2011 marks the beginning of more growth, more memories, more love and more goals to be met.... Looking forward to all that is ahead......

Speaking of new beginnings, I've been very busy with the 2011 Crazy January Challenge.  I've already made a change to my list of fifteen.  I'm pretty sure that this won't be the last change either!

Remember this post from 2009?  I was supposed to start a SAL with a dear friend at the beginning of 2009.  Well, we never did start it.  So, since this was a "Crazy Challenge", I decided to go crazy with my first piece.  Here's my start on the upper right hand corner working to the left.


Mouline Rouge
by Long Dog


Day two was a wonderful day spent with my stitching sisters.  We decided to have progressive dinner and I hosted the dessert.  It was so much fun to see each other's finished and unfinished stash.  In the process we also found things in each other's stash that we hadn't seen before.  A few of us even exchanged patterns.  I was a good girl and stuck to the challenge.  I started this......

This Heart of Mine
by Ink Circles

I decided to change things up on day three and deviate from my list.  One of my stitching sisters had stitched a piece that I fell in love with.  From the instant I saw it stitched I knew that I had to stitch it for myself.  She was such a wonderful friend and passed it on so that I could fulfill my stitching desires.  So, I rearranged my list and began this.....

Sheltering Tree
by With Thy Needle & Thread



I'm very pleased with my new starts in the 2011 Crazy January Challenge.  Now I'm going to go back to working on Mouline Rouge until tomorrow.  Then I'll have to get start number four under my belt. 

This is definitely crazy.......but fun!

Happy Stitching


19 comments:

Gracie said...

Isn't this fun being crazy and admitting it! I love your starts.....

Margaret said...

Love all your new starts! It's fun to see what everyone is doing!

Deb said...

Love all your new starts especially that Sheltering Tree - she has the best designs. Can't wait to see what you have for #4!

Veronica said...

All your new starts look great! I especially love how your purple on purple Ink Circles looks.

Karen said...

You have some great new starts... I love the Sheltering Tree design too! Can't wait to see more.

happy stitching...

Denise said...

I am going to HAVE to get an Ink Circles pattern. Yours is beautiful! Glad to hear you are enjoying the challenge!

Can't wait to see more!

Catherine said...

Your husband's post is beautiful!!

Love all of your projects - I will have to add the Sheltering Tree to my wish list!! Love it!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Great stitching Jennifer !!!

Carol E. in AZ said...

Yay! I love your choices. And wow, did you really stitch that much on MR on your first day? I too am doing the challenge. It is fun! My projects aren't quite as large as yours though, LOL :)

Happy day 4!

Carol

Patty C. said...

Great start on your challenge -
Happy new Year

Berit said...

Love the colors of Mouline Rouge! :)

Blu said...

Lovely starts!

Niina said...

Love your starts! I have really enjoying this challenge!

Peggy Lee said...

OHMIGOSH...I love your starts!! Especially This Heart Of Mine. Can't wait to see your progress.

Karen said...

Great starts girl! yes, we are all crazy! LOL but its fun! i also have a Sheltering Tree as a wip but it is by a different designer. :)

Sherry :o) said...

So far your choices are fitting right in with what I think are beautiful stitches!! Love them! Looking forward to seeing what you have for 4 through 15!! Happy stitching.

Brigitte said...

This Crazy Challenge is such a wonderful thing. It motivates me so much to see all these new starts on the Crazies' blogs. Your list is awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing the next new starts here.

Natalia said...

I love your new starts !!! Good luck with your Crazy Challange.... you are a brave one :-)

Ruth said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful !!! You are to be congratulated on three crazy but lovely starts. I too have been drawn repeatedly to Sheltering Tree. So far it hasn't made it into my stash, but someday.....

Good luck with the Crazy Challenge. I am certainly looking forward to seeing your further adventures along its trail.