The first part of the week was horrible as I ended up watching FIL's retail business. Boy, was that a mistake! I can promise that I will not be doing that again anytime soon. It is a business that I am not very knowledgeable in, so I ended up looking like a dummy in front of customers. "I'm sorry, I just take the money" was what I kept telling them. How embarrassing! Then FIL "forgot" to give his employee's hours to the payroll company. I had to figure it all out because he kept saying "I don't know how to do it". Can you imagine the poor girl on the other end of the line when I blasted her for not taking the hours? Don't worry, everything ended up working out alright. I only had to pull out half of my hair on those days.
Finally, early Wednesday morning hubby and I headed down to FIL's time share on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Oh, how I love the OBX! It was nice to see hubby's brother and our niece for an hour or so before they had to leave for other family obligations. We don't get to see them much since they live in another state.
Once the family time ended hubby and I headed out to get a quick bite to eat at a local bagel shop. I can't remember the last time I had a real bagel! Since it was lunch, I opted to load mine with a Turkey Reuben. Yum, yum!
After lunch hubby and I headed to the golf course. I was going to be the caddy. Oh yes, isn't it fun to drive that little cart around? Me, play? Um......well, I've tried! Let's just say that I'm much better at driving the cart instead of the ball. It ended up that the person he was paired with didn't show, so we were sent off on our own. It ended up later on that we paired up with a threesome from Northern VA. All in all, it was a hot, but fun day which ended in dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.



Thursday we took a ride out to Corolla. First we hit the Currituck Lighthouse and acted like tourists. Honestly, I don't remember if I've ever been up in a lighthouse before or not. This one was over 168 feet tall and had over 200 stairs. You had to sign a waver to climb it since it was built in the late 1800's. I took lots of pictures here, but they are in my other camera. So, I'll have to post those at a later date. After all those steps, we took the truck out onto the beach in Corolla. To me, this is so much fun! I love driving right on the beach! Unfortunately, we didn't see any wild horses this time, but there were lots of birds. We also didn't go very far into the water since you could start to see the effects from Hurricane Bill.
Friday was a lazy day. It was also our last day there. We were supposed to stay until Saturday, but hubby had to be home to take a test on Saturday morning. He's looking for a career change. I can't blame him! Anyway, we spent the morning at the pool. No rip tide fear in that water! We came back to the room for a lunch and decided that we would head back to the pool later in the afternoon. Well, 3pm came and we were just ready to head back to the pool when there was this loud KABOOM. Ok....no pool......time to pack and head home.

Happy Stitching!
2 comments:
Oh gosh! You worn me out with your stories. I wanna see the pics of lighthouse. I love those. I can't wait to see them. I haven't had good bagel for long time ~ I'm New York girl & grew up on fresh bagels. I miss them since we moved to Delaware. ~ Dawn ~
Can't wait to see your OBX photos. And I can't wait until next year when I get to go to OBX again. :)
Post a Comment