Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Time Flys By

I just can't believe how fast this summer (and for that matter, this year) has gone by. It was just yesterday I was complaining about 60+ hour work weeks and wondering if April 15th would ever get here. Now, here it is August 10th! And summer is slowly fading away. The days are getting shorter, but not any cooler yet. After all, it is supposed to hit 100 today with horrible humidity. I guess I really shouldn't complain. We've had a pretty mild summer and my electric bill and my old a/c unit is quite thankful for that! Still, I can't believe that Labor Day is almost here. Of course, that means that the Harvest of Friendship retreat is that much closer!

Speaking of friendship, we lost a fellow stitcher over the last few days. I really didn't know Carol all that well, but I was fortunate enough to share a little stitching time with her over these past few years. Carol loved to sing while she stitched and there was many a time that the whole table would break out into song. She also loved Halloween. Here's a picture that was forwarded to me by another stitching friend. (Thanks Penny for sending the picture Darlene took.) Carol, I sure do hope that you are saving a few needles for the rest of us!


Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I know! Summer have gone by so fast!! Girls will be back in school in 2 weeks. Where did the time go? Great pic of Carol ~ Dawn ~