Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Why Can't I Get Ahead?

What is it, the law of averages? Just when you start to get ahead, you fall even further behind. I just don't understand.

A few weeks ago my (new) car was hit and I had drainage problems with my a/c. Now the fan on my outside unit has decided that it wanted to quit working. I noticed a weird noise coming from outside and when I looked out the window I noticed that the unit was not working properly. I left for work and called my a/c guru. It ended up that he didn't arrive until 7pm that evening, but he fixed the problem. Something about a capacitor (you know, just think Back to the Future) not providing the right amps to boost the fan. He said I may have a problem with the motor since he saw some smoke, but I was to just let it run. So I did. Five minutes later.......THE NOISE!!!! So, I called him back. Let's just say that now I'm waiting for him to call me back today so that he can tell me when he will be over to fix the motor. So much for spending my Birthday money on myself this year. UGH! The good news is that the $100 I spent last night will go towards fixing the fan motor. The other good news.......it is overcast again today so the house will stay on the bearable side. At least this didn't happen a few days ago while we were having the heat wave!

Of course, all this trouble has affected my stitching mojo. I've got so much to do right now and I can't afford this attack. At least I was able to start (and finish) stitching my LHN exchange piece that is due by October 1. I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't have enough time. But I found a minute and got it done. Now I have to just decide on the finishing. I won't tell you what it is since the recipient may read my blog, but I will give you this hint:



I'm expecting a Birthday package from a friend today, so maybe that will get my mojo kicking again. Let's hope that we can get this a/c fixed and that it won't be too hot for the pup and hubby today. Oh, and someone please return my mojo!

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Maggee said...

It WILL come back...don't worry! Happy Belated Birthday! Hugs!

Dawn said...

Oh no! Sorry about the car. Happy Belated birthday! I love the colors!! Can't wait to see what it is. ~ Dawn ~

Karen said...

Those floss colors are good enough to eat! Gorgeous!!!