Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Manic Monday

I went from having absolutely nothing to do at work to having a desk full of bonus calculations and tax returns. When it rains, it pours! Speaking of rain, I wish we would break out of this afternoon thunderstorm patten. It starts turning dark around 4pm and makes traffic messier than normal. Oh well! What are you going to do but respect Mother Nature? (ETA: Wouldn't you know it? I write about rain and the sun is shining like there isn't a cloud in the sky.......HUMPH!!)

I've been real busy on the home front too. My needles have been smoking this past week and over the weekend. I finished LHN's "Winter Sampler" on Friday night. Only three short evenings to stitch that baby up......


I also started LHN's Rose Sampler on Saturday and I've been flying my way through that pattern as well. I would really like to finish it up tonight, but bills and other promised needlework have to come first. Maybe I'll try to sneak a few stitches on it in the morning while I do laundry so that hubby has a clean uniform. I'm stitching this one on 32ct Caramel Swirl Opalescent by Silkweaver and when I finish it will go on the Limited Edition Rose Thread Pouch by Impie, Hattie & Bea. Now maybe you understand why I'm so anxious to get it done!

Looking at this picture, I think I'm going to change my initials to the darker rose color (I haven't used it yet) so that they stand out more. This project is very special to me since it reminds me of my Grandmother. Her name was Rose.......

I've also joined a LHN exchange. So, in my spare time I'm going to have to come up with something and stitch that too. I didn't realize that my stitching was going to get so hectic when I originally signed up. At least I have an idea in my head and it's not due until October 1st!

Speaking of Dianne Williams, did you see that she has been featured in "The Gift of Stitching"?


I just love this pattern and I've already got it printed out. I would love to be able to pull all those luscious Crescent Colours tonight and go stash diving for some fabric. Alas, duties call........

I've got tons of stitching waiting in the wings, so I better set my needles back to smoking!

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Daffycat said...

What a fantastic finish ~ wow, three days!

I love the sparklies in your new start!

Dawn said...

LOL ~ I wish I could stitch as fast as you. My hands are full with 3 little girls & wanting to do this or that. LOL You have done beautiful works. I love those. ~ Dawn ~

Anonymous said...

I have all the Seasonal Samplers...not a one stitched...I think perhaps you've tempted me to start mine...Maybe I'll start with the Fall one first?! :)
I LOVE, absolutely and totally that Caramel Swirl fabric....so much so I wish I wouldn't have seen it! :o)

Kathy said...

So much to stitch and so little time. Story of my life too. :) I like your Winter SAmpler and the fabric on the Rose sampler is beautiful. (I started mine ages ago. I need to find it and get it finished.)