Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Procrastination

According to Wikipedia, Procrastination refers to the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behavior as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision.

It also goes on to say that the word itself comes from the Latin word procrastinatus: pro- (forward) and crastinus (of tomorrow).
Based on my actions this past week I officially procrastinated on my model stitching.  I definitely don't have starter's anxiety, but many be completion anxiety!  LOL!

Seriously though, I did finally finish up my model stitching.  For some reason I just wasn't connecting to it this time like I normally do.  I guess that I'm too focused on everything else that I want to do instead.  I've been planning out the next few projects and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do next.

Here's the short list:
  1. Rose Quaker ~ I picked this one up while I was in Arizona.  I intend to honor my grandmother with this as her name was Rose.  I plan on putting her date of birth and maybe even her date of death in the sampler somewhere.
  2. Needle and Thread by LHN ~ I'm about 10 stitches and three french knots from finishing the first of two coverlets.  (Yes, I'm stitching this twice!)  I'm only about a quarter of the way through the scissor fob.
  3. Blackbird Designs Box Top & Pin Cushion ~ This was the class project from the 2008 Shepherd's Bush Retreat.  Now that I am more confident with my finishing I know that I can "finish" this one myself and that makes me anxious to stitch it.
  4. Seaside Retreat by Blackbird Designs ~ (Do you sense a theme here?) I got this while attending a retreat in the late summer/early fall of 2009.  I doubt that many of you have seen it, but I think it is fabulous.  It came as a kit, but I changed out the fabric and the thread anyway.
  5. Mouline Rouge by Long Dog Samplers ~ (See another theme here?.......BAP anyone?) I've had this in my stash for quite some time.  I was going to to it as a SAL with a good friend of mine, but unfortunately we have not motivated each other at all.  Still, it is calling loudly.....
  6. Languishing WIP's ~ Then there are always those works in progress that are hanging around like HAED's Bo Peep (I'm on the last page!) and my Shores of HRH (ongoing since 2008!)
Oh, what is a poor girl to do?  I guess I should also mention that I still have to stitch and finish a piece for the Blackbird Designs exchange that will be starting on June 13th.  I just checked and it looks like we have a good start to the exchange.  (There is still time to sign up if you are interested!)  I already have an idea of what I'm going to stitch.  I just need to wait until I find out who it is before I make my final decision.

The good news is that this is a three day holiday weekend here in the states.  There may be an estate sale in our future as well as some minor yard work.  And then, there is family time.  Of course, Hubby will be working this weekend too which will mean good "numb butt" and "happy chair" time for me!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

image hosting

2 comments:

Sherry :o) said...

my hubby is working most of the weekend too - and son is out with friends...so as soon as I catch up on the blogs I follow, make one list of things that HAVE to be done this weekend, I am parking my butt in front of the sewing machine and catch up on "Flash Forward"....

Patricia Lessell said...

Now I used to procrastinate but now I just can't make up my mind.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx