Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Don't Count Out the "Lurkers"

Remember when I posted about my latest Estate Sale find? You know, about this stitched piece?  I asked if there was anyone who might want it....  Well, I am happy to announce that this piece will have a wonderful home with a lovely couple who not only enjoy the fine art of stitched pieces, but the art of music as well.  It just so happens that a "lurker" stopped by the blog on that very same evening as my post and sent me an email offering this piece a good home.  I'm so very glad that I picked this up last Saturday!  Not only do I have a great frame, but this piece will be finding a new life in a new home.  I'm so thankful to my "lurker" for rescuing and adopting this great piece.  I will try to gently remove it from the frame this weekend so that I can get it in the mail soon.

In other stitchy news.........

I'm sorry to report that there were no grand finishes on BBD's Seaside Retreat last night. (And no pictures either!)  I still have one motif left.  I've also decided to pull out the date and restitch it in a slightly different manner.  In answer to some of the questions/comments, this BBD piece has not been released yet, so don't go looking for it in any of their books.  It was a piece that they designed for a retreat that I went to last fall.  Personally, I think that we should all gang up on Barb & Alma and get them to release a book of their class pieces.  What do you think?

I just thought I'd let you know that I'm working hard deciding on what to do for the giveaway.  I dug through the ever increasing baskets 'o stash and came up with a design that I hope you will like.  I have several from this designer in my stash, but this will be the first time I've actually stitched one of her designs.  Hopefully I will have enough time tonight for some quality time in the floss box(es) and fabric drawer.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Jenny Moore said...

I just found my way over here from Parsely's blog and I had to say I just love your title! Sounds a lot like me. :)

I look forward to seeing your completed BBD piece. We really do need to gang up on some of these designers and get them to release their class charts!