Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vampires, Werewolves and Hell's Kitchen

Sounds like a pretty scary night, huh?  Actually, last night was quite calm.  I spent the early part of the evening with my Blackbird Exchange stitching (sorry....no pics!). Then, while Hubby was cooking dinner I watched a DVR'd episode of ABC's new series The Gates (hence the vampires and the werewolves).  It was pretty tame compared to HBO's True Blood (one of my favorites), but what do you expect for 9pm on Sunday nights?  If you ask me, it was a little too obvious, but like I said that is just my opinion.  However I will reserve my full judgement and continue to watch for a few more episodes.

Later, while hubby was still cooking I flipped channels and landed on Hell's Kitchen.  Boy, does that chef have a potty mouth!  But, it was still fun to watch while I waited for this..........


...........Hubby called it his Vegetable Lasagna Bake.  And boy was it YUMMY!  For the "noodles" he sliced the fresh Zucchini (that we purchased at the farmers market) in long strips.  He layered the "noodles", grilled chicken, squash, diced tomatoes, red peppers, black olives, shredded cheddar cheese, spices, blue cheese crumbles and who knows what else.  I can't stop raving about it!  This is one of the best things that he has come up with!  I can't wait to have leftovers tonight! 

Hubby will be out for the early part of the evening, so I should be able to have some quality time with my four-legged son and my stitching.  I hope you all have a great evening too!

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Meadows08 said...

I have The Gates PVR'd...actually hubby set up the recording for me because he knows all about my love of vampires and the like!

Enjoy your evening! Thanks to the NHL hockey draft Friday and golf on Saturday I'll have some alone time. Woot Woot!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Gordon Ramsay scares me. I can't watch that show! He yells way too much, and I already don't like to cook! That said, your hub's lasagna looks wonderful. yum.

Deb said...

That lasagna looks so yummy!! Sometimes I think that men are better cooks then us women - or maybe I think that way because I'm grateful when Dh cooks. I love watching Hell's Kitchen, but do have to agree that Mr. Ramsay does have a potty mouth!

Anonymous said...

It always tastes better when you don't have to cook it yourself. That's so very nice.

Michele said...

Oh I had forgotten about The Gates ... looked like a good mindless summer show. But nothing can be better than True Blood!

yummy that lasagna look good! Did he add any other spices?

Sherry :o) said...

Your dinner looked yummy! Can't wait to see your BBD stitching. And I also am reserving judgement on The Gates - I thought it was okay. It comes on at 10 p.m. here. The Scoundrels came on first and I kinda liked that one. I love the two hour stitching time they provide, so I'll keep watching for a week or two.