Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Little Fashion Show

I know,  I know.  It is about dang time I came up with a few pictures of my dear Mouline Rouge.  It has just been so hard to grab anything good.  By the time I'm able to get to the point where I can get pictures, the light has faded for the day.  Couple that with the fact that tax season is now in full swing and you end up with pictures that were snapped in the waining light of the evening.

So, forgive the crappy snappys, but it was all I could get.

Here's where MR sat the last time you saw her pretty face.........




And here she is now in all her fine glory!
Mouline Rouge as of 1/23/10
Stitched on 40ct Vintage Examplar by Lakeside Linen
Using Belle Soie's Rose of Sharon

I made it all the way to the end of the right side of the piece.  Whew!  While it was intense, it was very enjoyable.

Here are a few closeups.....




I've already finished the bottom motif and I've moved onto a few more of the letters and numbers.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to put this piece on hold for awhile.  While I dearly love it, I've got some obligation stitching that must be done.  Now that my time is severely limited, it means that I have to get a jump on some exchanges so that they go out on time.

I'm also going to be limited in my postings for the next two and a half to three months.  So, don't forget about me while I'm gone.

Honestly, it will be all I can do to keep up with your posts and my own stitching!

Happy Stitching!

23 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Wow that is beautiful. And the fabric is so lovely. Very nice work. Hope to see you posting in the next few months :)

Faye said...

Wowsers!!! Girl you've been BUSY!! LOVE this sampler btw.... Enjoy your little break...will miss your posts but know all about those obligations...Take care, Faye

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's wonderful, Jennifer. Your needle has really been flying. Don't forget to take care of yourself during tax season. All the hours and stress can really wear a body out.

Maggee said...

It is so beautiful! For being so dang busy, you have done a LOT! Very nice! TTFN!

Gracie said...

very very nice....

Blu said...

Wow! Tons of progress! It looks amazing!

Parsley said...

Lots of time spent and it's turning out beautifully!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your MR is gorgeous! Terrific fiber and fabric combination!

Take care during this busy time!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is quite some progress. Looks lovely. Love the color too.

mbroider said...

Looks wonderful!! And such a lot of progress... Can't wait to see more:)

Patty C. said...

It is beyond gorgeous !!!!

Peggy Lee said...

Very nice! VERY VERY nice!!!
40 count is my favorite to work on although my eyes would say different. Love the color of thread too.
Just SUPER! Can't wait to see more but I know you'll be busy for a while.
Take it easy.....

Kathy said...

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I see why you are having a hard time putting this one down. Good luck with tax season. It is fast becoming my busy season at work too. Not taxes but publishing deadlines so I understand.

Angie said...

Looks good.

Sue said...

I am hyperventilating because this piece is so gorgeous. Just beautiful stitching you've done. You've now made me add another thing to my wishlist. Sorry to see you put it away for awhile but I look forward to seeing the progress.

natalysneedle said...

Gorgeous! So worth the wait! I am looking forward to watching your progress on this exquisite piece.

Tommye said...

It's FABULOUS! Love that red.

How could we possibly forget you. Keep stitching, girl.

Nicole said...

Oh wow!! This is gorgeous! I just love it!

barbara said...

Oh what a gorgeous project!! And you've made so much progress. Congratulations!

Karen said...

It is looking gorgeous! you have been busy!

Ruth said...

Oh I don't know. I think the snaps are wonderful. Not as wonderful as the stitching though. Great work! Hurry up with your obligations so we can see more!!

Justflo said...

Wow what progress. The colour is beautiful. Good luck with your exchange stitching.

Mrs Dibble said...

Have just been looking at all the Long Dog Samplers.....OH DEAR....will have to buy at least four of them....of course including Moulin Rouge......will have to live to be 250 years old!!!