Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Blackbird's Cross-Stitch & Needlework

Do you subscribe to this magazine?  I believe I started my subscription when one of Nora Corbett's(Mirabilia) fairies appeared in it.   After the first year I was reluctant to keep the subscription, but then another Mirabilia pattern appeared. 





Now, lo and behold, my favorite designer duo, Barb Adams & Alma Allen have appeared in the latest issue!


Just look at this beauty!  It is full of Belle Soie (my favorite)!  What two better things than Blackbird Designs and Belle Soie?







And, I even get to learn a new stitch!  Have you ever attempted the chain stitch before? 


As if I don't have enough in my work in progress basket........UGH!

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Myra said...

Oh that is a lovely design. I will have to search out that magazine but I don't think my nearby Books a Million stocks it.

Catherine said...

I'll have to go hunting for this one!! Thanks for the heads up!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

I love Blackbird Design and silk floss, the best!!!

Brigitte said...

What a great find this pattern is. I'm always more than thrilled when I see one of my favourite designers in a magazine. I haven't subscribed to any of them but I regularly buy JCS and there were some very pretty dicoveries for me in the latest issues as well. And I also love leafing through my old magazines - and each time I discover a pattern that hadn't drawn my attention before.

mdgtjulie said...

It's better to have too many projects than not enough, lol. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Julie, from Cincinnati, OH where I live with my lil cat, Yes Dear. I found your blog from the HAED blog you belong to. I love HAED, so I'm going through the list of people and just following everyone, lol. Can't wait to see your progress on your new project. I've never done chain stitch, but it seems to be a little like Lazy Daisy stitches all in a row. I hope you enjoy it!