This past Sunday I had the opportunity to share some quality time alone with my mother. We talked about a host of things from childhood friends to the health of my stepfather. The next thing I know my mom is telling me that she had something special for me. She jumps up and runs off into the other room only to come back with a small white box.
Perplexed, I opened it up. It contained a pair of silver hoop earrings from Pandora. I looked at her with a quizzical look on my face and said "What is this all about?". She said "Happy Mother's Day" and the tears just welled up in my eyes and fell freely (just like they are doing right now). She went on to say that she knew that May would be a hard month for me since Mother's Day was the 9th and since our little angel's "birth" day would have been the 25th (the same day as our Wedding anniversary.) She wanted me to know how much she loved me, that she was thinking of me and that she didn't forget our angel.
I haven't been "right" since I opended that gift. Still.....
I LOVE YOU MOM!
Happy Stitching!
23 comments:
that was very sweet of her....and its nice that she let you know that she will always remember your angel. Sending Hugss your way!!
Very sweet. Happy mother's day to you both.
Your mom is very special!
Yup--your mom is a Great woman, for sure! (waving madly at her---hi Jen's Mom!)Hugs sweetie!
That's so sweet! Your mom made me cry too.
i am crying as well...so sweet...And I know your sweet angel is smiling down both you and your mom....
What a sweet mom!
Thanksgiving is the time of year for me.
Moms what would we be without them. You seemed to have been blessed with a special one.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
That's precious. I almost cried myself.
(((hugs))) How incredibly thoughtful of your mother.
What a lovely gift -
How sweet of your mom. (((hugs)))
What a special gift from your mom!
Mothers, they always know the right thing to do and the right thing to say xxx
How lovely.
Mothers just know 'How to get it right'.
Ohh that's lovely of your mum :)can I borrow her ??? sending tissues and ((hugs)) love mouse xxxx
Wow! I have tears in my eyes!
Your angel is watching you :)
You have one great mom there!
There is nothing like a loving mom and you have a real gem...
Moms are the best jewels in life...no doubt about it, and you have a diamond :) How blessed you two are to have each other.
I am sending thoughts of comfort and lots of hugs, sweetie, for you, and your sweet angel who watches over.
You are so strong and loved!
XOXO
Ma
What a special mom you have! Hugs!
That was so sweet of your mom! Mom's do know just the right thing to say and do!
Oh sweet Jennifer...I too am crying as I read your post...you are lucky to have such a wonderful Mom....it makes me miss mine all that much more...your days for celebrating Mothers Day will not be all that far off...
Happy Mothers Day....our thoughts are with all mothers who have lost someone...
Post a Comment