Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crazy January Update

First of all, I must thank you for all of the wonderful wishes yesterday.  Hubby and I had a nice evening out at our favorite sushi restaurant followed by a stop at Skinny Dip.  Yum, yum!  We enjoyed our time together and we look forward to many more nights like last night.

**************************************

With all the quilting and exchange stitching going on, I've been a little (ok, a lot) slack on my Crazy January stitching.  However, I have managed to cut down my list of fifteen starts down by two more.

On May 14th I finished this doozy........(Sorry for the bad snap.  It is hard to take a picture of something so long.)
2008 Living with Charm Flip Its
by Lizzie*Kate
After that monster I figured that I needed a "quick finish".  I managed to knock this one out a few days later on May 19th........(The picture doesn't do this one any justice!)

Pumpkin Stack
by Chessie & Me

My current plan is to get back to Mouline Rouge and finish another section before I move on to one of my other projects in progress.  After all, we are now halfway through 2011 and I'm nowhere near halfway through my challenge.  I guess my eyes were bigger than my needle this year!

Happy Stitches!

4 comments:

Maggee said...

I guess ALL our eyes were bigger than our needles!! It's gonna be a struggle to complete my list of 15 pieces!! Love the LK piece and you must bring the Chessie and Me one to our next stitching time, so I can see it in person! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes. Love both of them. The LK piece looks fantastic btw.

Robin said...

Finishes are great. I am right there with you. Only four finishes on the 2011 challenge....but we technically have until June 30th to get a few more finishes in. Stitch on!!!

Anna van Schurman said...

July 2 is the halfway mark, so we've got time to get to eight finishes. (I'm at {yikes!} only four.}