Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And Sew It Goes.....

Another night fighting with the Q-Snaps......but at least I made some progress. (Sorry, no snaps today!) My ultimate goal is to have it finished tonight, but I'm not sure that is going to happen.

You see, tonight I have an eye doctor's appointment. Don't worry, it is nothing serious. It is just my normal yearly exam. Lucky for me, my eye doctor is my father. So, since I'm one of his evening appointments, I'm hoping that we will be able to go out to dinner together. If we do, I'm sure it will be a later dinner and that will be the reason for the lack of a finish. Not a bad reason, huh? (Don't worry Sharon, I'll still have the model in the mail this week!)

Many thanks to everyone who posted comments yesterday. Stephanie, the information on sizing was wonderful. It sounds like it works exactly like I thought it would. However, my problem right now is getting my hands on a can. Catherine (no blog), thanks for the Target and Wal-Mart suggestions. I'm not about to venture into Wal-Mart.....it's too crazy for me, but I'll have to check Target next time I'm in there. Jayne, the two handed recommendation for the Q-Snaps is a great one, but I don't have a stand, so I'm just using the single handed stab method for the time being. I tried to sew with the Snaps, but it just didn't work for me.....

I would also like to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts directed to/at Hubby. He did have the interview yesterday, but they didn't have any openings. I told him to keep his head up and that he got much farther than most people did. Heck, they didn't have to give him an interview at all! So, I'm hoping that he won't falter and that he will keep moving forward. I know this is hard for him, but I try to keep reminding him that I didn't marry him for his money!

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

You don't need a stand, just use your arm which is beneath and rest the very top portion of the snap on a table. Well, I supose that would work if you stitch at a table. I happen to do that most of the time so it is an easy prop.

Hope you get to enjoy Dinner with you Dad.
Be always in stitches.