Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Partial Fulfillment

As promised, here are a few pictures of my newest estate sale rescue.  There were others at the sale that needed saving, but this is the one that called out to me the most.
This is draped over the stair railing.  The part you can't see looks exactly like the bottom.

I don't think that this is too old because there is some variegation to the fibers in the border.  Hopefully this is just DMC!

Another border close up.

There are a few stains along the creases, but hopefully I will be able to clean her up a little.  The piece is rather large, so I'm thinking about displaying it on our dining table.  We don't really use the table that much for sit down eating, so I wouldn't have to worry to much about things being dripped all over it.   Plus, if I can't get the stains out, the centerpiece that would sit on top of the linen should get covered up.

Hopefully I will be able to post some finishes tomorrow.  (I forgot to take a picture of one of them and the other picture didn't turn out at all.)  Maybe I'll also have some quilting work to show as well.  I'm attending my second class tonight and I don't know if I will have something picture worthy by the evening's end......

Happy Stitching!


9 comments:

Teresa said...

What a great find!
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely table cloth. Hopefully the stains will be easily removable.

Blu Stitcher said...

Very pretty.

Deborah said...

Wonderful find!

Mouse said...

oooo very pretty :) lovely find and it does look like a variation thread to me too :) love mouse xxxx

mdgtjulie said...

The tablecloth is lovely. I love the flowers. I hope you can get it cleaned up!! I would think the variegated must be DMC, because tablecloths get washed, and any stitcher worth her salt knows to use colorfast threads. Have fun at your quilting class. Can't wait to see piccys!!

Deb said...

I love finds like that and you got a good one. Makes you wonder who stitched and why it was given away.

Robin said...

Your "finds" are awesome. How lucky for you to have come across them.

Angie said...

what a lovely rescue