Text & photographs have been created by me, unless otherwise acknowledged. Please ask for permission before copying or reproducing my photographs.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Variation on a Theme

I never thought I would say this, but I'm quite upset about my latest exhange and I'm just about ready to jump on Ma Teakettle's bandwagon regarding said exchanges. 

It is so very fustrating to put so much love and dedication into a piece only to find out that it hasn't been picked up from the post office.  Yes, I know, I was a bit of a bad girl and sent my package two days late, but I sent it via priority mail with delivery confirmation so that I would know it arrived quickly and safely.  I've been checking the USPS site regularly and found that my package reached its intended destination. However, it remains in the dismal back room of the post office (accoring to the USPS site).  All my hard work is wasting away in the dark back corner of a dingy mail room!  And, if for some reason the USPS is wrong and the package was picked up by the reciepent, I haven't heard a peep from said receipient. 

I have been in several exchanges and I've never had any problems until this exchange.  I think from now on I'm going to stick to RAK's and private exchanges!

Sheesh!


Sorry for the rant.........



17 comments:

Cindy said...

You are very right in ranting. Stitching takes time, love and money. You would think another stitcher know all of this so give the benefit of the dought maybe they don't drive, or maybe God forbid they are really sick.

Sheila said...

I can relate, I've had a couple like that. I was lucky enough on one that it was returned to me because they didn't pick it up. One never ever responded even though confirmation said it was received.

Mouse said...

I don't blame you for the rant .. the least the partner can do is go and get it and say thank you .. unless something major has happened it is darn right rude not to .. especially after all the love and attention that goes into making said exchange right for your partner ... I hope you hear something soon :) love mouse xxxx

Hazel said...

I have had similar experiences too and it is so upsetting. There are just some people who don't deserve special things like that. I don't blame you fo rsticking with RAKs and privates. I am doing the same. xx

lynda said...

I understand your frustration because I've been in the same situation...more than once. But I have also been on the receiving end of a package that had to be signed for and the post office took it back to the little pick-up station which closes before I get home from work so I had to wait until the weekend to pick it up (actually, I played a little hooky from work and left early one day to pick it up, but sometimes that can't happen)...so hopefully, you'll hear from your recipient soon...I'm sorry that you have to go through this though..it really isn't fair.

Jules said...

Hopefully the recipient picks up his/her package soon! I sent a package, albeit international, that took several weeks to reach the recipient. Sometimes the postal service is good, other times, not so much.

Chris said...

I would feel the same way! If I were the recipient I would be so anxious and excited to receive your exchange that I would be stalking the mailman!!!

mdgtjulie said...

That's just too bad. I hope your partner picks it up before it's returned to you! Maybe she's working long hours and can't get to the post office? Or maybe she doesn't know it's at the PO yet...

Maggee said...

Sorry to hear this. Such bad stuff going on, but it is hard to know whose fault. Maybe the mailing label is no longer legible. Or the recipient is ill or out of town. Trying to cheer you!! Two more work days!! Now I know I depressed you... but.. it cheers ME! Big Hugs!

Joy said...

Frustrating to say the least. Just hope the recipient is okay and can explain the circumstances.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

So sorry to hear you are having this negativity happen. Hopefully, a ray of sunshine will come your way soon.

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer indeed. Thankfully I didn't really have bad experiences until now (Knocking on wood here). But it must be very frustrating for you.

Robin said...

It's alright to rant but I'll give you the other side of it. I work in a different state which means coming home to the Post Office at lunch would be 15 miles of interstate and a toll bridge not to mention a 40-45 minute round trip. Couple that with Saturday Guild meetings or 5K's or fundraisers, there have been times I just can't get to the post office for a couple of weeks, or more. I am sure when you package is received it will be just as much appreciated as if it was picked up the day it arrived at the Post Office. And for some over-worked, out of time, stretched to the limit fellow stitcher, it may be just the pick me up she needs. Hope all arrives in the rightful hands shortly and is well received.

Jeanne said...

Hopefully like the others have said, the recipient just hasn't had time to get over to the post office as it's not all that convenient if you are a working person and need to make time to get there before they close etc.

That said, I kind of quit doing exchanges a few years ago because my last one I sent was received by the person but she never even thanked me and I put a lot of quality work into it. So sometimes it can be disappointing. I would rather do a PIF or RAK to someone I 'know' even if only virtually.

geeky Heather said...

The very first exchange I participated in got "lost in the mail." I spent close to $50 on it (it was a knitting exchange, which included yarn and goodies)! "Lost" is in quotes because...after the recipient told me that she never received it, and I asked her to call the post office with the insurance number (lesson learned: insurance number != tracking number), and I re-created the whole package, sent it again, got about one sentence of thanks, put in the claim to the post office (which involved scanning in a dozen receipts and sending pictures), and got reimbursed...I got the original package returned through the mail marked "unable to deliver--never claimed at post office." =(

The recipient's reaction was NOT "Oh my goodness, so sorry for your trouble, I can't believe I'm such an idiot/why didn't the PO tell me the package was there", but instead, "Oh ha ha, how funny!"

Yeah. Really funny that I went through all that stress, all that extra time, and all that worry that the online community would think I was a bad trader, and I am now stuck with a bunch of stuff not to my taste.

I am NEVER doing an exchange again.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Hoping you'll hear something from the recipient soon. Maybe she is on vacation?

Frustrating I'm sure. I've been reluctant to do an exchange mostly because I'm not good with deadlines but maybe it's not such a bad thing I'm not.

Mrs Dibble said...

Rant away love. wh spoils it for someone else...!!! Be content that you did the right thing....karma may work slowly sometime, but it does work.