So, here is the finished "Bayside Bungalows" (by Country Cottage Needleworks) in all its glory:

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but I stitched it on 28ct Virginia Beach Blend by R&R Reproductions. This isn't the greatest picture and I didn't have the greatest light. So....I promise to get a better picture once I've had it framed. I should be receiving the frame from "The Family Tree" (a division of Crescent Colours), so I'll repost then.
Speaking of Crescent Colours, have you seen the use of "Wild Berries" in the latest Loose Feathers from Blackbird Designs? Number 37 is called "It's Berry Time".

Of course, I had to start it right away........well, almost right away! I did manage to finish "Bayside Bungalows" before making this start. (So much for starting Mirabilia's Letter H!) I'm stitching it on 40ct Iced Capp by R&R Reproductions.
Again, the picture is not the greatest and it doesn't do the thread or fabric any justice, but I thought I'd show it anyway. I guess I'll just have to start bringing out my good camera instead of the point & shoot. It sure does make a difference when you are trying to show the details.
In other news, the weekend was fabulous! I was delighted to find hubby waiting for me when I arrived home from work on Friday. He was supposed to work a double shift, but they were slow, so he volunteered to go home. His coming home early meant a nice dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant. Saturday morning was spent at the bike shop while the afternoon turned into a nap for me. (I'm still trying to get over this sinus stuff!) Sunday was nice and relaxing as well. We were even able to clean up the back yard (if you can call our little fenced in area a yard) and set up the new patio chairs. Finally I can feel comfortable about sitting outside! I don't know that I will take my stitching out there, I'm just too anal about keeping everything "just so". But, I can definitely take a book out there for a nice reading session. Now, if only the summer weather will cooperate and keep the humidity to a low level......HA!!
2 comments:
Your Bayside Bungalows project looks great!!!
I always love beachy projects. Congratulations on your finish!
Post a Comment