The loveliness in itself isn't the problem. My problem is that I can't seem to find the right pattern for either of these pre-cuts. I want something simple because I am such a novice. After all, I haven't finished either of my class projects and the three strip quilt kits that I bought are still sitting in my fabric box. I feel like I should be hanging my head in shame! **Sheesh!**
In my efforts to acquaint myself with the quilting community, I came across an amazing blog called The Jolly Jabber....live from the Fat Quarter Shop. Recently, there was a wonderful post about Sweet Jane's Quilting & Design. After reading Sue's story I knew I had to check our her Etsy shop. She has some wonderful patterns and they look like something that I think I can handle. In particular, I'm looking at the "Between the Lines" pattern for the jelly roll and the "Flowers in the Garden" pattern for the fat quarter bundle. My only problem is that I don't know enough about patterns to feel confident about purchasing one online, or at all for that matter! HELP!!!!!
I would be grateful for any feedback that my fellow quilters can give. Thanks so much!
Happy Stitches!
7 comments:
You should check out MODA - Lots of free patterns -
Good luck with your quilting endevours. I love the beauty in quilts and am so tempted to try and make one but............ :) One of these days. In the mean while I'll be watching your progress. :)
Wish I was a quilter but alas cross stitching seems to be my only game.
Can't wait to see what you create!
i wish i can do quilting too..i just made some crazy patch pin coushion..and i love them..
yup..cant wait to see what you made..xx
Jennifer, You can do any pattern you want, but I do understand not wanting one the is so hard you become unhappy with it an quit. I looked at both of those pattern and they seem pretty straight forward. I don't think you will have a problem with either one. And if you do call me. I will help you, not that I'm an expert but I know a little. Get quilting! Cindy
I wish I could give you some advice, but I'm not a quilter. I'll be looking eagerly at what you make though!!
I checked out the patterns and they are both would be great for a beginner. For the one with the jelly roll strips I would tell you to reverse the direction you sew on every other strip so that they don't end up bowed - and the pattern may tell you that. Also check out Moda's website and Moda Bake shop blog - lots of free patterns.
Post a Comment